THE NEW YORK STATE EDUCATION DEPARTMENT
Information Technology Specialist 3, Grade 23 (PEF)
The New York State Education Department (NYSED) is seeking candidates for an Information Technology Specialist 3 position in the Office of Information Technology Services (ITS). This Unit is responsible for fulfilling the information processing needs of offices throughout NYSED. Duties of this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Monitor and support the Office 365 environment;
- Act as a project leader when implementing new features and upgrades to the Office 365 environment;
- Apply agency defined security policies and measures regarding identify access management;
- Provide expert level technical support to the Help Desk regarding e-mail and file access issues;
- Coordinate the management of New York State Directory Service (NYSDS) account identities;
- Develop detailed technical procedures and documentation for Office 365 and mobile e-mail access;
- Execute e-discovery activities in support of NYSED operations; and
- Supervisor lower level staff in the Server Support Center.
Reassignment: Candidates must have one year of permanent competitive or 55b/c service as an Information Technology Specialist 3.
Eligible List Appointment: Candidates must be reachable on the Information Technology Specialist 3 Civil Service eligible list. If you are on the Civil Service eligible list for this title, you may receive a canvass letter. You must complete and return it as instructed on the letter.
Section 70.1 Transfer to Information Technology Specialist 3: Candidates must have one year of permanent competitive or 55 b/c service in any of the following titles: Chief Computer Operator, Information Technology Specialist 3 (Data Communications),Information Technology Specialist 3 (Database), Information Technology Specialist 3 (Systems Programming), Information Technology Specialist 4, Information Technology Specialist 4 (Operations) or Mapping Technologist 3.
Section 52.6 Transfer to Information Technology Specialist 3: Candidates must have one year of permanent competitive or 55b/c service in a title allocated SG-21 or higher eligible to transfer under Section 52.6 of the Civil Service Law. For information regarding the transfer options of your current title, please visit the Civil Service Career Mobility Office Website.
This will be a permanent appointment. Promotions and transfers may change appointee’s negotiating unit. Applicants should be aware that changes in negotiating units may affect their salary, insurance, and other benefits.
*Leads to a maximum salary of $92,693 based on annual performance advances.
Qualified candidates should send a resume and letter of interest by February 24, 2020 to firstname.lastname@example.org (email submissions preferred). You must include the Box number (PIMS-450/51814) of the position in the subject line of your email and cover letter to ensure receipt of your application.