THE NEW YORK STATE EDUCATION DEPARTMENT
Information Technology Specialist 2, Grade 18 (PEF)
The New York State Education Department (NYSED) is seeking candidates for an Information Technology Specialist 2 position in the Server Support Center within the Office of Information Technology Services (ITS). Duties of this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Monitor and support the Office 365 environment;
- Conduct analysis and testing associated with new features and upgrades to the Office 365 environment;
- Apply agency defined security policies and measures regarding identity access management;
- Provide expert level technical support to the Help Desk regarding e-mail and file access issues;
- Coordinate the management of New York State Directory Service (NYSDS) account identities;
- Develop detailed technical procedures and documentation for Office 365 and mobile e-mail access; and
- Execute e-discovery activities in support of NYSED operations.
Reassignment: Candidates must have one year of permanent competitive or 55b/c service as an Information Technology Specialist 2.
Eligible List Appointment: Candidates must be reachable on the Civil Service eligible list for Information Technology Specialist 2. If you are on the Civil Service eligible list for this title, you may receive a canvass letter. You must complete and return it as instructed on the letter.
Section 52.6 Transfer to Information Technology Specialist 2: Candidates must have one year of permanent competitive or 55b/c service in a title SG-16 or above eligible for transfer under Section 52.6 of the Civil Service Law. For information regarding the transfer options of your current title, please visit the Civil Service Career Mobility Office Website.
Section 70.1 Transfer to Information Technology Specialist 2: Candidates must have one year of permanent competitive or 55b/c service as a Supervising Computer Operator.
This will be a contingent permanent appointment. Promotions and transfers may change appointees’ negotiating unit. Applicants should be aware that changes in negotiating units may affect their salary, insurance, and other benefits. Verification of degree and/or transcripts will be required for all candidates at the time of interview. This position may require occasional night and weekend work.
*Leads to a maximum salary of $71,980 based on annual performance advances.
Qualified candidates should send a resume and letter of interest by December 17, 2019 to firstname.lastname@example.org (Email submissions are preferred). You must include the Box number (PIMS-435/01774) of the position in the subject line of your email and cover letter to ensure receipt of your application.