THE NEW YORK STATE EDUCATION DEPARTMENT
Information Technology Specialist 1, Grade 14 (PEF)
The New York State Education Department (NYSED) is seeking candidates for an Information Technology Specialist 1 position in the Office of Information Technology Services (ITS). The incumbent of this position will be responsible for the administration and maintenance of SED’s mainframe operations and print distribution within the Mainframe Operations Unit. Duties of this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Work within the Mainframe Operations Unit to ensure distribution of mainframe print jobs, forms design and mainframe program tasks are executed in a timely manner;
- Operate, maintain, and troubleshoot the agencies mainframe Xerox printer;
- Assist with maintenance of Bridge and Multi-Bridge terminal emulation software and administration of mainframe user accounts;
- Coordinate with NYSED application development units in the management of job Runsheet modifications, procedure changes, job aborts, forms design and print quality issues;
- Coordinate with other NYSED technical units in the troubleshooting and resolution of mainframe issues;
- Develop and maintain documentation of mainframe operations and procedures;
- Assist and communicate with ITS staff, management and external partners;
- Assist with mainframe print distribution and troubleshoot any issues; and
- Occasionally lift 40 lb. boxes of paper to carts for proper distribution.
Reassignment: Candidates must have one year of permanent competitive or 55b/c service as an Information Technology Specialist 1.
Eligible List Appointment: Candidates must be reachable on the Civil Service eligible list for Information Technology Specialist 1. If you are on the Civil Service eligible list for this title, you may receive a canvass letter. You must complete and return it as instructed on the letter.
Section 52.6 Transfer to Information Technology Specialist 1: Candidates must have one year of permanent competitive or 55b/c service in a title SG-12 or above eligible for transfer under Section 52.6 of the Civil Service Law. For information regarding the transfer options of your current title, please visit the Civil Service Career Mobility Office Website.
Section 70.1 Transfer to Information Technology Specialist 1: Candidates must have one year of permanent competitive or 55b/c service as an Information Technology Assistant or Senior Computer Operator. For information regarding the transfer options of your current title, please visit the Civil Service Career Mobility Office Website.
This will be a permanent appointment. Promotions and transfers may change appointees’ negotiating unit. Applicants should be aware that changes in negotiating units may affect their salary, insurance, and other benefits. Verification of degree and/or transcripts will be required for all candidates at the time of interview.
*Leads to a maximum salary of $58,028 based on annual performance advances.
Qualified candidates should send a resume and letter of interest by October 18, 2019 to firstname.lastname@example.org (Email submissions are preferred). You must include the Box number (PIMS-408/51862) of the position in the subject line of your email and cover letter to ensure receipt of your application.