THE NEW YORK STATE EDUCATION DEPARTMENT
Education Program Assistant 2, Grade 18 (PEF)
(Open to Current NYS Employees Only)
The New York State Education Department’s Office of Cultural Education is seeking candidates for an Education Program Assistant 2 position in the New York State Library’s (NYSL) Division of Library Development. The Division of Library Development, working in partnership with the 73 library systems, brings cost-effective, modern library services to the millions of people who use New York’s 7,000 academic, public, school and special libraries. The incumbent of this position will report to a Library Development Specialist 2 and will provide program assistance and coordination for statewide library programs and services. Duties of this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Coordinate accurate and timely payment of over $100 million in multiple programs of state aid and grants funding for library services;
- Assure the adherence to appropriate internal controls, compliance with state and federal control agency mandated requirements and deadlines and accountability for managing State and federal funds;
- Work with the Library Development Specialist 1, and Library Development Specialist 2 and State Library Program Managers to develop and maintain tracking mechanisms, payment schedules, cash flow projections, payment reports and other products and processes required by control agencies and State Library staff to ensure accountability, efficiency and responsible management of library aid programs and payments;
- Develop, update and maintain mandated library aid estimates and payment charts using complex formulas in law and regulations and required software;
- Work with internal staff, outside vendors and library system customers to coordinate development of and maintenance of online State Aid applications and grant management and reporting systems;
- Provide training and technical assistance to State Library staff and customers in the use of online products related to State Aid and grants;
- Prepare regular and customized reports about State Aid for use by library staff and customers;
- Assist in developing State Library policies, procedures and guidelines related to management of State Aid programs;
- Assist with monitoring of federal, state and privately funded projects managed by the State Library, as assigned;
- Assist with the preparation and development of new and amended library laws, regulations, guidelines and procedural documentation;
- Assist with writing and preparation of grant applications and funding proposals to outside private and public funders to support priority initiatives for statewide programs and services, as assigned;
- Conduct research, analyze data and prepare information utilizing charts, graphs, maps, reports, etc.;
- Create, maintain and manipulate Microsoft Access databases, EXCEL files, PowerPoint presentations, and other information related to on-going projects and the work of the State Library’s Division of Library Development; and
- Supervise assigned Education Program Assistant 1 staff, student interns and others as assigned.
Reassignment: Candidates must have one year of permanent competitive or 55 b/c service as an Education Program Assistant 2.
Eligible List Appointment: Candidates must be reachable on the Education Program Assistant 2 eligible list. If you are on the Civil Service eligible list for this title, you may receive a canvass letter. You must complete and return it as instructed on the letter.
Section 70.1 Transfer: Candidates must have one year of permanent competitive or 55b/c service as an Education Credentials Specialist 1 AND possess 18 semester credit hours in Education.
This will be a permanent appointment. Promotions and transfers may change appointees’ negotiating unit. Applicants should be aware that changes in negotiating units may affect their salary, insurance, and other benefits. Verification of degree and credit hours will be required. Less than 5% statewide travel may be required.
*Leads to a maximum salary of $71,980 based on annual performance advances.
Qualified candidates should send a resume and letter of interest by October 2, 2019 to email@example.com (Email submissions are preferred). You must include the Box number (OCE-1149/20823) of the position in the subject line of your email and cover letter to ensure receipt of your application.