THE NEW YORK STATE EDUCATION DEPARTMENT
Education Program Assistant 2, Grade 18 (PEF)
The New York State Education Department’s Office of Education Policy is seeking candidates for an Education Program Assistant 2 position in the Office of Bilingual Education and World Languages (BEWL). This Office is responsible for providing support and technical assistance to Districts, Charter Schools, Non-Public Schools and other organizations in the development, implementation and evaluation of programs for English Language Learners (ELLs), as well as to World Language students within the State’s P-12 initiative. Duties of this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Assist with the preparation and review of grants, contracts, and proposals;
• Review, write, edit, and prepare regulatory guidance documents, forms, and publications;
• Coordinate projects as needed;
• Participate in LEA monitoring and compliance visits;
• Design and prepare forms and materials for district monitoring and compliance;
• Prepare surveys and needs assessment materials;
• Design and manage office website;
• Design and manage reporting forms posted on NYSED Monitoring and Vendor Performance System online platform;
• Assist with budget preparation;
• Answer technical questions from the field, via email and phone;
• Edit Department newsletter; and
• Design and prepare conference materials and assist with conference and event logistics
Reassignment: Candidates must have one year of permanent competitive or 55b/c service as an Education Program Assistant 2.
Section 70.1 Transfer: Candidates must have one year of permanent competitive or 55b/c service as an Education Credentials Specialist 1 AND 18 semester credit hours in Education.
Eligible List Appointment: Candidates must be reachable on the Civil Service eligible list for this title.
NOTE: If you are on the Civil Service eligible list for this title, you may receive a canvass letter. You must complete and return it as instructed on the letter.
This will be a permanent appointment. Promotions and transfers may change appointees’ negotiating unit. Applicants should be aware that changes in negotiating units may affect their salary, insurance, and other benefits. Verification of degree and credit hours will be required.
*Leads to a maximum salary of $71,980 based on annual performance advances.
Qualified candidates should send a resume and letter of interest by September 26, 2018 to email@example.com (email submissions are preferred). Please include the Box number (P12-1846/20605) of the position in the subject line of your email and cover letter to ensure receipt of your application.