THE NEW YORK STATE EDUCATION DEPARTMENT
Education Program Assistant 1, Grade 14 (PEF)
Education Trainee 1, SG-NS (Equated to SG-11)
The New York State Education Department’s Office of Adult Career and Continuing Education Services (ACCES) is seeking to fill an Education Program Assistant 1 position in the Adult Education Programs and Policy Unit. This Office promotes, develops, and supports adult education programs with the goal of providing adult students with successful pathways and transitions to post-secondary education, apprenticeship training, and the workforce. The incumbents of these positions will work to support the Adult Education Programs and Policy Unit. Duties of this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Assist with the review of budgets and budget amendments;
- Review Employment Preparation Education (EPE) State aid applications;
- Prepare correspondence to funded programs;
- Assist with the analysis and evaluation of data in the Adult Student Information System and Technical Support (ASISTS) database;
- Plan and organize regional workshops on High School Equivalency (HSE) preparation;
- Coordinating and participating in meetings, conferences, trainings and seminars;
- Assist the AEPP Supervisor in the ongoing evaluation of the financial condition of approximately 172 AEPP funded projects;
- Provide preliminary review of project proposals, reports, and applications for compliance with federal and state regulations;
- Compile data for quarterly performance reviews using National Reporting System (NRS) and Employment Preparation Education (EPE) State Aid data; and
- Compile and analyze HSE preparation performance such as pass/fail rates, referrals to HSE test and test readiness assessment data;
Reassignment: Candidates must have one year of permanent competitive or 55b/c service as an Education Program Assistant 1.
Eligible List Appointment: Candidates who are reachable on the New York State Education Department’s Public Administration Trainee Transition (PATT) eligible list or the Professional Career Opportunities (PCO) eligible list may be considered for appointment.
NOTE: If you are on the Civil Service eligible list for this title, you may receive a canvass letter. You must complete and return it as instructed on the letter.
Section 70.1 Transfer to Education Program Assistant 1: Candidates must have one year of permanent competitive or 55 b/c service in a title SG-13 or above deemed eligible for transfer under Section 70.1 of the Civil Service Law. For information regarding the transfer options of your current title, please visit the Civil Service Career Mobility Office Website.
Section 70.1 Transfer to Education Trainee 1: Candidates must have one year of permanent competitive or 55 b/c service in a title SG-13 or above deemed eligible for transfer under Section 70.1 of the Civil Service Law. For information regarding the transfer options of your current title, please visit the Civil Service Career Mobility Office Website.
Section 70.4 Transfer to Education Trainee 1: Candidates may be eligible for nomination for transfer under Section 70.4 of the Civil Service Law to Education Trainee 1 if they possess a bachelor’s degree AND are a current NYS employee with one year of permanent competitive or 55b/c in a title SG-9 or above AND have standing on the Professional Career Opportunities (PCO) or Public Administration Trainee Transition (PATT) eligible list.
Employees of ACCES-VR who are currently in an Education Program Assistant 1 position and are interested in transferring to the location listed on this flyer MUST apply for the position as outlined in the Application section of this flyer.
This will be a contingent permanent appointment. Promotions and transfers may change appointees’ negotiating unit. Candidates should be aware that changes in negotiating units may affect their salary, insurance, and other benefits. Verification of degree and/or work experience will be required at the time of interview for all candidates.
This position may be filled as a traineeship. The salary above applies to candidates appointed to Education Program Assistant 1, SG-14. The salary for candidates appointed to Education Trainee 1 starts at $38,464 and, for current New York State employees, is based on the candidate’s salary at the time of hire. Candidates appointed at the trainee level will be required to successfully complete the traineeship in order to advance to the journey level title and salary.
* Leads to a maximum salary of $58,028 based on annual performance advances.
Qualified candidates should send a resume and letter of interest by October 28, 2021 to firstname.lastname@example.org (E-mail submissions are preferred). You must include the Box number (ACS-2561/65072) of the position in the subject line of your email and cover letter to ensure receipt of your application. In order to qualify for the position, when you have current or prior New York State employment, you may be contacted by NYSED Personnel for your social security number to confirm your State employment history.