THE NEW YORK STATE EDUCATION DEPARTMENT
Education Program Assistant 1, Grade 14 (PEF)
Education Trainee 1, SG-NS
The New York State Education Department’s Office of Education Policy is seeking candidates for an Education Program Assistant 1 position in the Office of Educational Management Services. This Office is responsible for the fiscal oversight and safety education related to school district’s provision of pupil transportation services to resident pupils attending public and nonpublic schools. Duties of this position will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Assist with review of pupil transportation contracts, Requests for Proposals, and other arrangements between school districts, BOCES and contractors;
- Support the goal of SED’s Office of Pupil Transportation Services to be paperless using new technology and methods of communication;
- Support SED’s Office of Pupil Transportation Services with technical assistance to districts, with issues related to contracts, requests for proposals, tracking of statutory requirements, and routine inquiries from the field regarding pupil transportation issues;
- Under the State Director of Pupil Transportation, prepare documents for school districts, BOCES, State Aid and other key leaders on pupil transportation issues;
- Prepare responses to FOILS, Fraud Waste and Abuse inquiries, statistical reports, reports, and correspondence on pupil transportation issues; and
- Perform other tasks in support of the overall mission of the Office of Educational Management Services.
Reassignment: Candidates must have one year of permanent competitive or 55 b/c service as an Education Program Assistant 1.
55 b/c Appointment: This position is eligible for 55 b/c designation and is subject to verification of applicant eligibility. Candidates must possess the minimum qualifications and a current 55 b/c eligibility letter.
Eligible List Appointment: Candidates who are reachable on the New York State Education Department’s Public Administration Trainee Transition (PATT) eligible list or the Professional Career Opportunities (PCO) eligible list may be considered for appointment. If you are on the Civil Service eligible list for this title, you may receive a canvass letter. You must complete and return it as instructed on the letter.
Section 70.1 Transfer to Education Program Assistant 1: Candidates must have one year of permanent competitive or 55b/c service in a title SG-13 or above deemed eligible for transfer under Section 70.1 of the Civil Service Law. For information regarding the transfer options of your current title, please visit the Civil Service Career Mobility Office Website.
Section 70.1 Transfer to Education Trainee 1: Candidates must have one year of permanent competitive or 55b/c service in a title SG-13 or above deemed eligible for transfer under Section 70.1 of the Civil Service Law. For information regarding the transfer options of your current title, please visit the Civil Service Career Mobility Office Website.
Section 70.4 Transfer: Candidates may be eligible for transfer to Education Trainee 1 if they possess a bachelor’s degree AND have one year of permanent competitive or 55 b/c service in a title SG-9 or higher AND have standing on the Professional Career Opportunities (PCO) eligible list or Public Administration Trainee Transition (PATT) eligible list.
This will be a contingent permanent appointment. Promotions and transfers may change appointees’ negotiating unit. Applicants should be aware that changes in negotiating units may affect their salary, insurance, and other benefits. Verification of degree and/or transcripts will be required for all candidates at the time of interview.
The salary listed above applies to candidates appointed to Education Program Assistant 1, SG-14. The hiring rate for candidates appointed to Education Trainee 1 starts at $38,464 and for current New York State employees, is based on the candidate’s salary at the time of hire. Candidates appointed at the trainee level will be required to successfully complete the traineeship in order to advance to the journey level title and salary.
*Leads to a maximum salary of $58,028 based on annual performance advances.
Qualified candidates should send a resume and letter of interest by May 19, 2021 to email@example.com (email submissions are preferred). You must include the Box number (OHE-833/04470) of the position in the subject line of your email and cover letter to ensure receipt of your application.