THE NEW YORK STATE EDUCATION DEPARTMENT
Education Program Assistant 1, Grade 14 (PEF)
Education Trainee 1, NS (PEF)
The New York State Education Department’s (NYSED) Office of the Professions anticipates filling an Education Program Assistant 1 position in the State Board Office for Pharmacy and Midwifery. The State Board Office assists the Board of Regents and NYSED in overseeing the licensing and practice of individuals and entities in these professions. Under the general direction of the Executive Secretary, duties of this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Evaluate incoming emails, research answers, draft responses, and prepare template responses on recurring subjects;
- Review applications and inquiries related to pharmacy supervisors; follow up on incomplete or incorrect designations from pharmacy owners; and notify the Office of Professional Discipline about establishments that are not in compliance with supervisory requirements;
- Review supervisor changes for pharmacy manufacturers and wholesalers;
- Schedule staff phone coverage;
- Assign documents and create workflows in the records/document management system;
- Handle discontinuances of pharmacy establishments;
- Prepare “free sale” certificates needed by New York entities seeking authorizations in other states;
- Respond to telephone, email, and written inquiries about applications and professional practice in a timely, accurate, and responsive manner, consistent with the Office of the Professions’ commitment to quality customer service;
- Assist office staff as needed with endorsement/reciprocity applications and applications for immunization authority, including communicating with applicants to obtain missing documentation;
- Coordinate processes with Licensing Services and other Office and Department staff as needed;
- Attend State Board meetings and prepare minutes of same; and
- Assist with other office duties as needed, including but not limited to preparing reports on office activities, processing intern permits, and working on pharmacy establishment renewals.
Reassignment: Candidates must have one year of permanent competitive or 55b/c service as an Education Program Assistant 1.
Eligible List Appointment: Candidates who are reachable on the New York State Education Department’s Public Administration Trainee Transition (PATT) eligible list or the Professional Career Opportunities (PCO) eligible list may be considered for appointment. If you are on the Civil Service eligible list for this title, you may receive a canvass letter. You must complete and return it as instructed on the letter.
Section 70.1 Transfer to Education Program Assistant 1: Candidates must have one year of permanent competitive or 55 b/c service in a title allocated to SG-13 or above deemed eligible for transfer under Section 70.1 of the Civil Service Law. For information regarding the transfer options of your current title, please visit the Civil Service Career Mobility Office Website.
Section 70.1 Transfer to Education Trainee 1: Candidates must have one year of permanent competitive or 55b/c service in a title allocated to SG-13 or above deemed eligible for transfer under Section 70.1 of the Civil Service Law. For information regarding the transfer options of your current title, please visit the Civil Service Career Mobility Office Website.
Section 70.4 Transfer to Education Trainee 1: Candidates may be eligible for nomination for transfer under Section 70.4 of the Civil Service Law to Education Trainee 1 if they possess a bachelor’s degree AND are a current NYS employee with one year of permanent competitive or 55b/c service in a title allocated to SG-9 or higher AND have standing on the Professional Career Opportunities (PCO) eligible list or Public Administration Trainee Transition (PATT) eligible list.
This will be a permanent appointment. Promotions and transfers may change appointees’ negotiating unit. Applicants should be aware that changes in negotiating units may affect their salary, insurance, and other benefits. Verification of degree and/or transcripts will be required for all candidates at the time of interview.
This position may be filled as a traineeship. The salary above applies to candidates appointed to Education Program Assistant 1, SG-14. The salary for candidates appointed to Education Trainee 1 starts at $38,464 and, for current New York State employees, is based on the candidate’s salary at the time of hire. Candidates appointed at the trainee level will be required to successfully complete the traineeship in order to advance to the journey level title and salary.
*Leads to a maximum salary of $58,028 based on annual performance advances.
Qualified candidates should send a resume and letter of interest by June 27, 2019 to email@example.com (email submissions are preferred). You must include the Box number (OP-1206/14915) in the subject line of your email and cover letter to ensure receipt of your application.