THE NEW YORK STATE EDUCATION DEPARTMENT
Education Finance Specialist 3, Grade 25 (PEF)
(Open to Current NYS Employees Only)
The New York State Education Department (NYSED) is seeking candidates for an Education Finance Specialist 3 position in the Office of State Aid. Under the direction of the Chief, Bureau of State Aid, the incumbent of this position will oversee operations of the State Aid Payment Unit. Duties of this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Oversee the operations of the State Aid Payment Unit such as, the processing, auditing and accounting pertinent to State funds administered by NYSED and ensure all objectives are met;
- Ensure that all fiscal program operations and processes comply with NYSED management and accounting procedures and advise and assist program staff with compliance;
- Liaise with other state agencies for necessary payment data and certifications and respond to requests for information by preparing data queries and producing financial reports;
- Serve as liaison with top level management of various educational and State agencies concerning sensitive and critical problems related to NYSED programs;
- Supervise the continuous review of funds available to NYSED and advise on their efficient utilization;
- Review enacted legislation and determine appropriate action related to payments;
- Oversee the processing of overpayment spreads and updating the computer systems to ensure accurate and timely recovery of funds; and
- Supervise and oversee professional staff in day-to-day tasks, new projects and special assignments.
Reassignment: Candidates must have one year of permanent competitive or 55b/c service as an Education Finance Specialist 3.
Section 70.1 Transfer to Education Finance Specialist 3: Candidates must have one year of permanent competitive or 55b/c service as an Associate Accountant, Auditor 2, Internal Auditor 2, Contract Management Specialist 2, Education Finance Specialist 2, Supervising Accountant or Supervising Budgeting Analyst.
This will be a permanent appointment. Promotions and transfers may change appointee’s negotiating unit. Applicants should be aware that changes in negotiating units may affect their salary, insurance, and other benefits.
*Leads to a maximum salary of $102,661 based on annual performance advances.
Qualified candidates should send a resume and letter of interest by March 10, 2021 to firstname.lastname@example.org (email submissions preferred). You must include the Box number (CFO-473/64112) of the position in the subject line of your email and cover letter to ensure receipt of your application.