THE NEW YORK STATE EDUCATION DEPARTMENT
Education Finance Specialist 2, Grade 23 (PEF)
(Open to New York State employees only)
The New York State Education Department’s Office of Adult Career and Continuing Education Services (ACCES) is seeking candidates to fill an Education Finance Specialist 2 position in the Fiscal and Administrative Services Team. The incumbent of this position will work under the supervision of the Education Finance Specialist 3 and will assist with oversight of financial activities and operations. Duties of this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Oversees the day to day fiscal operations of the Bureau of Proprietary School Supervision (BPSS), which evaluates the financial condition of licensed schools; and bills, receives, records, and deposits school assessments to ensure school compliance with supervision and tuition refund assessments;
- Plans, oversees, and conducts the financial analyses of approximately 400 postsecondary schools;
- Prepares written reports and recommendations on the overall financial condition of licensed schools, including any identified risks to the delivery of quality instruction or to student tuition funds;
- Develops functional procedures and financial reporting guidelines for licensed schools;
- Assist in BPSS budget preparation by compiling necessary data;
- Oversees the monitoring of revenue collection from schools and makes recommendations regarding penalties or disciplinary actions for school non-payment; and,
- Supervises staff that support the financial operations of BPSS.
One year of permanent service as an Education Finance Specialist 2 OR one year of service in a title eligible for transfer under §70.1 of the Civil Service Law OR be reachable on the Education Finance Specialist 2 eligible list.
*Leads to a maximum salary of $92,693 based on annual performance advances.
This will be a permanent appointment. Appointment may change appointees’ negotiating unit. Candidates should be aware that changes in negotiating units may affect their salary, insurance, and other benefits. Statewide travel will be required.
Qualified candidates should send a resume and letter of interest by May 20, 2021 to email@example.com (email submissions are preferred). You must include the Box number (ACS-2436/27336) of the position in the subject line of your email and cover letter to ensure receipt of your application.