THE NEW YORK STATE EDUCATION DEPARTMENT
Education Finance Specialist 2, Grade 23 (PEF)
The New York State Education Department’s Office of Education Policy is seeking candidates for an Education Finance Specialist 2 position in the Office of State Assessment. This Office is responsible for the development and statewide administration of all State examinations for elementary, intermediate and high school students. The incumbent of this position will oversee the successful completion of Requests for Proposal and contract amendments. Duties of this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Ensure the successful completion of RFPs and contract amendments to allow for timely transitions to successor contracts;
- Coordinate the work of an OSA contract management team assigned to ensure the timely execution of new and successor contracts to meet new and ongoing test development and administration needs, thereby ensuring the availability of the scheduled test administrations;
- Provide leadership and training to OSA contract management staff and other OSA staff in expanding their skills in developing RFPs and contract amendments and managing the work of contractors in strict accordance with NYS procurement rules and procedures;
- Lead and supervise an OSA contracts team comprised of an Education Finance Specialist 2, a Contracts Management Specialist 1, and an Education Program Aide, to ensure the timely completion of assigned tasks, time and attendance records, and performance evaluations;
- Provide guidance on contractual terms and monitoring processes to other OSA staff who work with State assessment programs dependent upon contracts with testing vendors;
- Stay current on and provide staff development for OSA’s contact team, OSA leadership, and others in OSA on changes in the Department’s and NYS procurement processes;
Reassignment: Candidates must have one year of permanent competitive or 55b/c service as an Education Finance Specialist 2.
Eligible List Appointment: Candidates must be reachable on the Education Finance Specialist 2 Civil Service eligible list. If you are on the Civil Service eligible list for this title, you may receive a canvass letter. You must complete and return it as instructed on the letter.
Section 70.1 Transfer to Education Finance Specialist 2: Candidates must have one year of permanent competitive or 55b/c service as an Associate Accountant, Associate Accountant (State Accounts and Systems), Associate Auditor, Associate Internal Auditor, Contract Management Specialist 2, Management Specialist 2, or Program Research Specialist 3 (Economics Finance).
Provisional Appointment: In the absence of an eligible list with three or more candidates willing to accept a position, a non-permanent provisional appointment may be considered. For non-permanent, provisional appointments, candidates must have one year of permanent competitive or 55b/c service as an Education Finance Specialist 1, Senior Accountant or Senior Budgeting Analyst. Provisional candidates must take the examination for Education Finance Specialist 2 when it is next offered and must be reachable on the resulting eligible list to maintain employment.
This will be a contingent permanent appointment. Promotions and transfers may change appointees’ negotiating unit. Applicants should be aware that changes in negotiating units may affect their salary, insurance, and other benefits.
*Leads to a salary of $92,693 based on annual performance advances.
Qualified candidates should send a resume and letter of interest by September 30, 2019 to firstname.lastname@example.org (email submissions are preferred). You must include the Box number (P12-1947/13686) of the position in the subject line of your email and cover letter to ensure receipt of your application.