THE NEW YORK STATE EDUCATION DEPARTMENT
Education Credentials Specialist 2, Grade 23 (PEF)
(Open to Current NYS Employees Only)
The New York State Education Department’s Office of the Professions’ Division of Professional Education is seeking applicants for the position of Education Credentials Specialist 2 in the Psychology Board Office. The Psychology Board Office advises and assists the Board of Regents and the State Education Department on matters of professional regulation governed under Title 8 of Education Law. Under the general direction of an Executive Secretary and an Associate in Professional Education, duties of this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Evaluate and make independent judgments regarding pre-professional and professional licensure issues;
- Respond to phone and email inquiries related to licensure requirements, continuing education (CE) requirements, and practice issues, and consult with an Executive Secretary and Board members on complex or novel issues, as necessary;
- Assist an Executive Secretary in the administration of the professional boards, including incorporating feedback into draft regulations, data gathering for research initiatives, taking minutes at Board meetings, and communicating with Board members;
- Prepare correspondence, memoranda, and notes for licensee’s and stakeholders related to the professions;
- Review licensure applicants’ supervised experience and training and Limited Permit applications primarily for Applied Behavioral Analysis (ABA) professions, but also Psychology and Clinical Lab applications, as needed, as well as Massage Therapy (CE) Sponsor applications and Psychology Testing Technician Attestations;
- Oversee support staff, including work related to Massage Therapy CE Audits and Psychology 90-day temporary practice waivers, and train newly hired staff on office responsibilities;
- Review and update web content for Professions pages and application forms;
- Analyze and review professional licensing procedures, licensure application materials, and proposed regulations and legislation as they relate to the Board’s function; and
- Advise other State, national and non-governmental agencies and individuals concerning established policies, practices, and procedures of the Board.
Reassignment: Candidates must have one year of permanent competitive or 55b/c service as an Education Credentials Specialist 2.
Eligible List Appointment: Candidates must be reachable on the Education Credentials Specialist 2 Civil Service eligible list. If you are on the Civil Service eligible list for this title, you may receive a canvass letter. You must complete and return it as instructed on the letter.
Section 70.1 Transfer: Candidates must have one year of permanent competitive or 55b/c service as an Assistant in Professional Education or Assistant in Teacher Education.
Provisional Appointment: In the absence of an eligible list with three or more candidates willing to accept a position, a non-permanent provisional appointment may be considered. For non-permanent provisional appointment, candidates must have one year of permanent competitive or 55b/c service as an Education Credentials Specialist 1. Provisional candidates must take the examination for Education Credentials Specialist 2 when it is next offered, and must be reachable on the resulting eligible list to maintain employment.
This will be a contingent-permanent appointment or a non-permanent provisional appointment. Provisional candidates must take the examination for Education Credentials Specialist 2 when it is next offered, and must be reachable on the resulting eligible list to maintain employment. Promotions and transfers may change appointees’ negotiating unit. Candidates should be aware that changes in negotiating units may affect their salary, insurance, and other benefits.
* Leads to a maximum salary of $92,693 based on annual performance advances.
Qualified candidates should send a resume and letter of interest by May 21, 2021 to firstname.lastname@example.org (email submissions are preferred). You must include the Box number (OP-1328/14625) of the position in the subject line of your email and cover letter to ensure receipt of your application.