THE NEW YORK STATE EDUCATION DEPARTMENT
Director, Agency Budget Services 2, M4 (Management/Confidential)
(Open to Current NYS Employees Only)
The New York State Education Department’s Office of the Chief Financial Officer is seeking applicants for the position of Director, Agency Budget Services 2. This position will report to the Director, Financial Administration 6, who is responsible for oversight of the Fiscal Management, Budget Coordination and Grants Finance units. Duties of this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- In coordination with the Director of Financial Administration 6, oversee the daily operations of the Fiscal Management, Budget Coordination and Grants Finance units;
- Provide oversight and monitoring to ensure funds are expended in accordance with State and federal statutes, regulations and guidance;
- Assist with the oversight and development of the Department’s budget requests;
- Implement the Department’s annual financial plans and develop fiscal expenditure projections;
- Monitor and test internal controls for financial administration;
- Develop and maintain relationships with the United States Department of Education, the Office of the State Comptroller, the Division of the Budget, and other State and federal agencies;
- Oversee the Department’s financial transactions in the Statewide Financial System (SFS) and all redesigns and enhancements;
- Oversee systems modernization and enhancement initiatives to improve the effectiveness and efficiency of financial administration;
- Develop proposals and recommendations for providing fiscal support for agency priorities; and
- Supervise professional and clerical staff, as appropriate.
Reassignment: Candidates must have one year of permanent competitive or 55b/c service as a Director, Agency Budget Services 2.
Section 52.6 Transfer to Director, Agency Budget Services 2: Candidates must have one year of permanent competitive or 55b/c service in a title M-3 (SG-28/29) or above deemed eligible for transfer under Section 52.6 of the Civil Service Law. For information regarding the transfer options of your current title, please visit the Civil Service Career Mobility Office Website.
Provisional Appointment: For a non-permanent provisional appointment, candidates must have one year of permanent competitive or 55b/c service in a financial management or budgeting position allocated to salary grade M-2 (SG-26/27) or higher. Such titles include the following: Principal Accountant, Contract Management Specialist 3, Education Finance Specialist 4, Chief Budgeting Analyst, Associate Budget Examiner, Principal Budget Examiner, Assistant Director, Financial Administration 2, Assistant Director, Financial Administration 3, and Director, Agency Budget Services 1. Provisional candidates must take the examination for Director of Agency Budget Services 2 when it is next offered, and must be reachable on the resulting eligible list to maintain employment.
This will be a permanent or non-permanent, provisional appointment. Promotions and transfers may change appointee’s negotiating unit. Applicants should be aware that changes in negotiating units may affect their salary, insurance, and other benefits. Verification of work experience will be required for all candidates at the time of interview.
*Leads to a maximum salary of $136,042 based on annual performance advances.
Qualified candidates should send a resume and letter of interest to email@example.com (Email submissions preferred). You must include the Box number (CFO-418/00400) of the position in the subject line of your email and cover letter to ensure receipt of your application.