THE NEW YORK STATE EDUCATION DEPARTMENT
Coordinator, Educational Aid Services, M3 (Management/Confidential)
The New York State Education Department’s Office of Education Policy is seeking candidates for a Coordinator, Educational Aid Services position in the Office of Educational Management Services. The incumbent of this position will be responsible running the Office of Educational Management Services. Duties of this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Work with school districts to ensure they use State school aid efficiently and effectively;
- Oversee the reorganization processes for school districts and BOCES;
- Provide intensive technical assistance to school districts related to fiscal health and internal controls;
- Manage both the fiscal oversight and transportation safety aspects of the Office of Pupil Transportation;
- Work with BOCES to facilitate the use of shared services around the State, and permit the use of BOCES aid where applicable under the statute;
- Manage the Smart Schools Bond Act program;
- Meet with the Board of Regents, Commissioner, State Legislators and their staff, and others to discuss the Regents Proposal on School Aid; and
- Supervise staff in the office of Educational Management Services.
Reassignment: Candidates must have one year of permanent competitive or 55b/c service as a Coordinator, Educational Aid Services.
Section 52.6 Transfer: Candidates must have one year of permanent competitive or 55b/c service in a title SG-27/M-2 or higher eligible to transfer under Section 52.6 of the Civil Service Law. For information regarding the transfer options of your current title, please visit the Civil Service Career Mobility Office Website.
Provisional Appointment: In the absence of an eligible list with three or more candidates willing to accept a position, a non-permanent provisional appointment may be considered. For non-permanent provisional appointment, candidates must have one year of service as an Associate in School Business Management, Associate in School Financial Aid, Associate in Educational Finance Research, Supervisor of School Financial Aid, or Supervising Budgeting Analyst.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT: This will be a contingent permanent or non-permanent provisional appointment. Provisional candidates must take the examination for Coordinator, Educational Aid Services when it is next offered, and must be reachable on the resulting eligible list to maintain employment. Promotions and transfer may change appointee’s negotiating unit. Applicants should be aware that changes in negotiating units may affect their salary, insurance, and other benefits.
*Leads to a salary of $125,629 based on annual performance advances.
APPLICATION: Qualified candidates should send a resume and letter of interest by April6, 2020 to email@example.com (email submissions preferred). You must include the Box number (OHE-762/04090) of the position in the subject line of your email and cover letter to ensure receipt of your application.