THE NEW YORK STATE EDUCATION DEPARTMENT
Contract Management Specialist 2, Grade 23 (PEF)
(Open to current NYS employees only)
The New York State Education Department’s (NYSED) Office of the Chief Financial Officer is seeking candidates for a Contract Management Specialist 2 position in the Contract Administration Unit. This Unit is responsible for the Department’s procurement, grant-making, and contracting processes. Duties of this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Track workflow, monitor deadlines, and prepare reports for NYSED staff and other stakeholders;
- Identify barriers in achieving goals of the unit and recommend corrective action and process improvements;
- Review large and complex requests for proposals (RFPs), contract requests, and related documents for compliance with State Finance Law, NYS Procurement Council guidelines, NYSED policies, and Minority and Women-Owned Business Enterprise (M/WBE) requirements;
- Oversee the preparation of contracts resulting from RFPs, invitations for bids, mini-bids, and sole source and single source procurements to ensure that contracts and procurement packages are complete and accurate;
- Work with staff in the Office of State Comptroller and the Office of the Attorney General to secure contract approval;
- Train and advise NYSED staff on appropriate procurement methods and best practices;
- Assist in the review, development and updating of procedures, guidelines, and templates to support NYSED’s procurement, contracting, and M/WBE responsibilities;
- Remain up to date on procurement, contract, and M/WBE guidance at the State-level; and
- Supervise a team of professional and clerical staff.
Reassignment: Candidates must have one year of permanent competitive or 55b/c service as a Contract Management Specialist 2.
Eligible List Appointment: Candidates must be reachable on the Civil Service eligible list for Contract Management Specialist 2. If you are on the Civil Service eligible list for this title, you may receive a canvass letter. You must complete and return it as instructed on the letter.
Section 70.1 Transfer: Candidates must have one year of permanent competitive or 55b/c service in any of the following titles: Business Officer 2, Auditor 2, Housing Specialist 2, Parks Regional Grants Administrator, or Senior Purchasing Agent.
Section 52.6 Transfer: Candidates must have one year of permanent competitive or 55b/c service in a title allocated SG-21 or higher eligible to transfer under Section 52.6 of the Civil Service Law. For information regarding the transfer options of your current title, please visit the Civil Service Career Mobility Office Website.
This will be a contingent permanent appointment. Promotions and transfers may change appointees’ negotiating unit. Candidates should be aware that changes in negotiating units may affect their salary, insurance, and other benefits. Verification of work history will be required at the time of interview for all candidates.
*Leads to a maximum salary of $92,693 based on annual performance advances.
Qualified candidates should send a resume and letter of interest by October 29, 2021 to email@example.com (email submissions are preferred). You must include the Box number (CFO-510/00806) of the position in the subject line of your email and cover letter to ensure receipt of your application. In order to qualify for the position, when you have current or prior New York State employment, you may be contacted by NYSED Personnel for your social security number to confirm your State employment history.