THE NEW YORK STATE EDUCATION DEPARTMENT
Business Systems Analyst 2, Grade 23 (PEF)
The New York State Education Department’s Office (NYSED) of Adult Career and Continuing Education Services - Vocational Rehabilitation (ACCES-VR) is seeking candidates to fill a Business System Analyst 2 position to serve as Business Analyst/Testing Lead in the Albany Central Office. This position will lead the NYSED team to create and support an enterprise case management commercial off-the-shelf (COTS) solution that offers NYSED and their consumers an automated solution for hosting all VR case management needs and services. Under the direction of the VR Redesign Project Manager, the Business Systems Analyst 2, will work in the ACCES VR Unit and supervise a business analyst staff member. Duties of this position include, but are not limited, to the following:
- Direct the work of a Business System Analyst 1 staff member;
- Work with the COTS vendor’s project manager and business analyst(s), SED agency staff, and stakeholders to collect NYSED agency requirements, develop functional and technical requirements, create new business processes and support testing activities for NYSED;
- Participate in quality reviews, deliverable acceptance, training and education and lead the testing effort through User Acceptance Testing (UAT);
- Develop and test business use cases as they relate to the COTS package;
- Assist in business process analyses, business process reengineering, and developing workflow processes, use/test cases and standards;
- Maintain requirement traceability documents;
- Drafts communication to and participates in meetings with the vendor, agency staff, and stakeholders;
- Assist in developing the Organizational Change Management Plan that documents how NYSED and partner agencies will adapt to the changes required from implementing the new VR case management system;
- Assist in developing the Quality Management Plan, participate in quality reviews and deliverable acceptance, assist in writing the test plan and test scripts and participate in functional and user acceptance testing;
- Develop the end user training plan post completion of the train the trainer deliverable. Assist in scheduling training sessions and delivering end user training;
- Provide on-going business support to ACCES-VR staff using the new case management system by answering questions, providing one-on-one or small group training, and distributing documents; and
- Provide updates to any training materials post implementation as upgrade cycles are implemented and support NYSED ACCES-VR by answering questions on software upgrade changes.
Reassignment: Candidates must have one year of permanent competitive or 55b/c service as a Business Systems Analyst 2.
Eligible List Appointment: Candidates must be reachable on the Civil Service eligible list for this title. If you are on the Civil Service eligible list for this title, you may receive a canvass letter. You must complete and return it as instructed on the letter.
Section 70.1 Transfer: Candidates must have one year of permanent competitive or 55 b/c service in the title of Health Information Management Administrator 3.
Section 52.6 Transfer: Candidates must have one year of permanent competitive or 55b/c service in a title allocated 21 or higher eligible to transfer under Section 52.6 of the Civil Service Law. For information regarding the transfer options of your current title, please visit the Civil Service Career Mobility Office Website.
Preference may be given to candidates who have experience with the following:
- Supervision of staff;
- Working on a complex business reengineering and COTS system or software development project;
- Involvement with an agency supporting a large integration project; and
- Ability to prioritize and perform a variety of concurrent tasks with minimal direction.
This will be a permanent appointment. Promotions and transfers may change appointees’ negotiating unit. Applicants should be aware that changes in negotiating units may affect their salary, insurance, and other benefits. Verification of degree will be required for all candidates at the time of interview.
* Leads to a maximum salary of $92,693 through annual performance advances.
Qualified candidates should send a resume and letter of interest by September 25, 2019 to email@example.com (email submissions are preferred). You must include the Box number (ACS-2297/60072) in the subject line of your email and cover letter to ensure receipt of your application.