THE NEW YORK STATE EDUCATION DEPARTMENT
Auditor 2, Grade 23 (PEF)
(Open to current NYS employees only)
The New York State Education Department (NYSED) is seeking candidates for an Auditor 2 position within the Office of Audit Services (OAS). This Office is responsible for conducting audits of educational entities, including school districts, Boards of Cooperative Educational Services, not-for-profit organizations, and other institutions located throughout the State. The incumbent of this position will function as the auditor-in-charge of audit assignments and will be responsible for the day to day activities involved in conducting audits. Duties of this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Oversee the audit process, including survey, fieldwork, and reporting;
- Prepare specific audit plans to indicate the scope of the audit, audit objectives, staffing requirements and estimated time required for the audit;
- Prepare detailed audit programs that demonstrate how the audit plan will be accomplished, and assign staff to perform segments of the program;
- Meet with auditee’s representatives to describe the nature of the audit that will be conducted and establish the audit protocols;
- Advise the audit team of potential audit risks, and techniques and approaches to be used during the audit;
- Conduct audits based on approved audit plans and programs;
- Review audit working papers and reports for accuracy, completeness, and compliance with audit plans and programs;
- Prepare audit reports with findings and recommendations for supervisory review;
- Notify the audit manager of audit progress and report any discrepancies;
- Meet with representatives of the auditee to summarize audit findings, and ensure the findings are consistent with Government Auditing Standards;
- Perform other duties, as assigned; and
- Supervise and train Auditors.
Reassignment: Candidates must have one year of permanent competitive or 55b/c service as an Associate Auditor or Auditor 2.
Eligible List Appointment: Candidates must be reachable on the Civil Service eligible list for Associate Auditor. If you are on the Civil Service eligible list for Associate Auditor, you may receive a canvass letter. You must complete and return it as instructed on the letter.
Section 70.1 Transfer: Candidates must have one year of permanent competitive or 55b/c service in a title SG-21 or above deemed eligible to transfer under Section 70.1 of the Civil Service Law. Candidates must also possess 24 semester credit hours in accounting, auditing, or taxation courses to qualify for transfer. For information regarding the transfer options of your current title, please visit the Civil Service Career Mobility Office Website
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT: This will be a contingent permanent appointment. Promotions and transfers may change appointee’s negotiating unit. Applicants should be aware that changes in negotiating units may affect their salary, insurance, and other benefits. Verification of degree and/or transcripts will be required at the time of interview for all candidates. This position may require overnight travel up to 40% of the time.
*Leads to a maximum salary of $92,693 based on annual performance advances.
APPLICATION: Qualified candidates should send a resume and letter of interest by March 30, 2020 to email@example.com (email submissions are preferred.) You must include the Box number (PIMS-464/00815) of the position in the subject line of your email and cover letter to ensure receipt of your application.