THE NEW YORK STATE EDUCATION DEPARTMENT
NEW YORK STATE SCHOOL FOR THE DEAF
401 Turin Street, Rome, NY 13440
An Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer
Audiologist, NS (PEF)
Hours - Monday: 8:00 am – 3:30 pm Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday: 7:45 am – 3:15 pm Friday: 7:30 am – 3:00 pm
The New York State Education Department’s School for the Deaf (NYSSD) is seeking applicants to fill an Audiologist position. Major responsibilities of this position will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Provide audiological evaluations for students who applied to the NYSSD;
- Provide routine audiological evaluations for students enrolled at NYSSD;
- Prepare reports and provide interpretation of audiological tests to educational staff, dormitory staff, parents and students;
- Collaborate with classroom instructors on best uses of assistive technology;
- Monitor and maintain students’ personal hearing aids and/or cochlear implants;
- Monitor and maintain school testing equipment;
- Monitor and evaluate new technology;
- Serve as a member of the Multidisciplinary Team;
- Maintain communications with parents and Speech Therapists; and
- Participate in committees and school functions as designated by the Superintendent and/or supervisor.
Candidates must be a NYS licensed Audiologist.
Fingerprinting through the Federal Bureau of Investigation and the Department of Criminal Justice Services, a background check with the Office of Children and Family Services and clearance from the Justice Center Staff Exclusion List is required for employment. Fees associated with this process are at the applicant’s expense. Promotions and transfers may change appointees’ negotiating unit. Applicants should be aware that changes in negotiating units may affect their salary, insurance, and other benefits. This will be an 11-month, permanent appointment. Candidate must work six weeks during summer session paid at the extra-service rate. Verification of degree and/or transcripts will be required for all candidates at the time of interview
*Leads to a maximum salary of $80,302 with annual performance advances.
Review will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled. Qualified candidates should send a proof of certification, resume, and letter of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org (email submissions are preferred). You must include the Box number (RDC-202/00152) of the position in the subject line of your email and/or cover letter to ensure receipt of your application.