THE NEW YORK STATE EDUCATION DEPARTMENT
Associate in Occupational School Supervision, Grade 26 (PEF)
The New York State Education Department’s Office of Adult Career and Continuing Education Services is seeking candidates for an Associate in Occupational School Supervision position in the Bureau of Proprietary School Supervision (BPSS). BPSS oversees and monitors non-degree-granting proprietary schools in New York State. Proprietary schools under BPSS jurisdiction include trade and business schools, computer training facilities, and for-profit English as a Second Language schools. Duties of this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- May supervise Assistants in Occupational School Supervision and other staff in the monitoring of post-secondary, vocational, occupational or career schools and/or programs for compliance with applicable laws, rules, and regulations;
- Make the final determination on recommendations for licensing;
- Lead site reviews and review of materials to monitor quality standards, and statutory and regulatory compliance;
- Develop reports and materials for senior management; and
- Develop and implement policy guidelines designed to assist schools in complying with the laws and regulations for the operation of post-secondary, vocational, occupational or career schools and/or programs.
Non-competitive Promotion: If there are three or fewer qualified candidates, a permanent appointment may be made as a non-competitive promotion pursuant to Section 52.7 of the Civil Service Law. To qualify, candidates must have one year of permanent competitive or 55 b/c service as an Assistant in Occupational School Supervision, SG-22.
In accordance with Section 52.7 of the Civil Service Law, this notice advises all employees of the New York State Education Department of our intention to conduct a non-competitive promotional examination for an Associate in Occupational School Supervision in New York City. A permanent appointment may be made by non-competitive promotion of an applicant who meets the position's minimum qualifications, if a noncompetitive examination is approved by the Department of Civil Service.
This will be a contingent permanent appointment.
* Leads to a maximum salary of $105,681 based on annual performance advances.
** This salary includes a $3,026 annual Downstate adjustment.
Qualified candidates should send a resume and letter of interest by August 18, 2020 to firstname.lastname@example.org (email submissions are preferred). You must include the Box number (ACS-NCP/16657) of the position in the subject line of your email and cover letter to ensure receipt of your application.