THE NEW YORK STATE EDUCATION DEPARTMENT
Associate in Instructional Services (Visual Arts), Grade 26 (PEF)
The New York State Education Department’s Office of Education Policy is seeking candidates for an Associate in Instructional Services (Visual Arts) position in the Office of Curriculum and Instruction. This Office is responsible for the areas of English Language Arts, Mathematics, Social Studies, Science, the Arts, Physical Education, and professional development initiatives to support these subject areas. The incumbent of this position will provide technical assistance and develop standards-based guidance materials to help the field in implementing the NYS Learning Standards and required State assessments in the Arts. Duties of this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Build capacity of school administrators, teachers and parents in understanding and implementing the NYS Learning Standards for the Arts;
- Manage contract activities and responsibilities related to the development of curricular resources and assessments aligned to the NYS Learning Standards for the Arts;
- Develop and conduct training and related workshops to build teachers’ content knowledge and pedagogy in the Arts;
- Partner with University of the State of New York member institutions, and professional organizations to provide a variety of professional development opportunities related to the NYS Learning Standards;
- Offer technical assistance to school personnel and other stakeholders in the Arts;
- Administer a variety of competitive federal and State grant programs supporting increased student achievement in the area of the Arts;
- Provide content expertise on the development of curriculum, instruction and assessment models in the standard areas;
- Serve as liaison to State and federal organizations on educational policy initiatives and practices; and
- Research and prepare professional development materials, grants, contracts, proposed regulatory and policy statements, and informational materials.
Reassignment: Candidates must have one year of permanent competitive or 55b/c service as an Associate in Instructional Services (Visual Arts).
Provisional Appointment: For non-permanent provisional appointment, candidates must have a master’s degree AND New York State permanent or professional certification in Visual Arts AND four years of full-time classroom teaching experience in the subject area of Visual Arts.
: This will be a permanent or non-permanent provisional appointment. Promotions and transfers may change appointees’ negotiating unit. Applicants should be aware that changes in negotiating units may affect their salary, insurance, and other benefits. Verification of degree and certification will be required for each candidate at the time of interview.
* Leads to a maximum salary of $105,681 based on annual performance advances.
Qualified candidates should send a resume and letter of interest by November 1, 2019 to firstname.lastname@example.org (email submissions are preferred). You must include the Box number (P12-1974/65105) of the position in the subject line of your email and cover letter to ensure receipt of your application.