THE NEW YORK STATE EDUCATION DEPARTMENT
Associate in Instructional Services (Mathematics 7-12), Grade 26 (PEF)
The New York State Education Department's (NYSED) Office of Education Policy is seeking candidates for an Associate in Instructional Services (Mathematics 7-12) position in the Office of Standards and Instruction. This Office is responsible for the areas of English Language Arts, Mathematics, Social Studies, Science, the Arts, Physical Education, and professional development initiatives to support these subject areas. Duties of this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Build capacity of school administrators, teachers, and parents in understanding and implementing the NYS Next Generation Mathematics Learning Standards;
- Manage vendor activities and responsibilities related to NYS Mathematics Learning Standards and instructional resources for quality, timeliness, and accuracy;
- Partner with The University of the State of New York member institutions, state professional organizations, and other stakeholder groups to provide guidance, professional development, and resources related to the NYS Mathematics Learning Standards;
- Offer technical assistance to school personnel, BOCES, districts, and other stakeholders in Mathematics, the Next Generation Mathematics Learning Standards, and P-12 instructional programs;
- Foster and maintain rapport with stakeholders and demonstrate an exceptional commitment to customer service and to delivering quality outcomes;
- Administer a variety of competitive federal and State grants and other programs supporting increased student achievement and improvement in teacher instruction in Mathematics;
- Provide content expertise on the development of curriculum, instruction, and assessment models in Mathematics;
- Serve as liaison to State and federal organizations on educational policy initiatives and practices;
- Research and prepare reports, grant documents, contracts, proposed regulatory and policy statements, Board of Regents items, and informational materials; and
- Supervise staff, as assigned.
Reassignment: Candidates must have one year of permanent competitive or 55b/c service as an Associate in Instructional Services (Mathematics 7-12).
Eligible List Appointment: Candidates must be reachable on the Civil Service eligible list for this title. If you are on the Civil Service eligible list for this title, you may receive a canvass letter. You must complete and return it as instructed on the letter.
Section 70.1 Transfer: Candidates must meet the eligibility requirements and have one year of permanent competitive or 55b/c service in any of the Professional Educator Titles (Grade 22, 26, and 28), as indicated here: http://www.nysed.gov/hr/section-701-transfer-determinations-between-prof....
55b/c Appointment: This position is eligible for 55b/c designation and is subject to verification of applicant eligibility. Candidates must possess the minimum qualifications and a current 55b/c eligibility letter.
Provisional Appointment: In the absence of an eligible list with three or more candidates willing to accept a position, a temporary provisional appointment may be considered. For provisional appointment, candidates must have one year of permanent competitive or 55b/c service as an Assistant in Instructional Services (Mathematics 7-12) OR possess a Master’s degree AND New York State permanent or professional certification in Mathematics 7-12 AND four years of full-time classroom teaching experience in the corresponding subject area and grade levels. Provisional candidates must take the examination for Associate in Instructional Services (Mathematics 7-12) when it is next offered and must be reachable on the resulting eligible list to maintain employment.
Preference may be given to candidates who have:
- Experience developing and leading professional development workshops, courses, or programs.
- Experience managing a grant program.
- Additional teaching experience in Special Education or teaching English Language Learners.
- Up-to-date job knowledge maintained through participation in conferences and ongoing educational opportunities.
- Active affiliation with professional organizations related to Mathematics and education.
This will be a contingent permanent appointment or temporary provisional appointment. Provisional candidates must take the examination for Associate in Instructional Services (Mathematics 7-12) when it is next offered and must be reachable on the resulting eligible list to maintain employment. For 55b/c appointment, candidates must possess the minimum qualifications, a current 55b/c eligibility letter and is subject to verification of applicant eligibility. Promotions and transfers may change appointees’ negotiating unit. Candidates should be aware that changes in negotiating units may affect their salary, insurance, and other benefits. Verification of degree and certification will be required at the time of interview for all candidates. This position will require less than 10% Statewide travel.
* Leads to a maximum salary of $ 114,393 based on annual performance advances.
Recruitment will continue until the position is filled. Qualified candidates should send a resume and letter of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org (email submissions are preferred). Your resume must clearly indicate how you meet the minimum qualifications for this position. You must include the Box number (P12-2234/66206) of the position in the subject line of your email and cover letter to ensure receipt of your application. Links to application materials will not be accepted (i.e., Google Docs). Your social security number may be required to confirm your eligibility.