THE NEW YORK STATE EDUCATION DEPARTMENT
Associate in Instructional Services (Business and Distributive Education), Grade 26 (PEF)
The New York State Education Department’s Office of Education Policy is seeking candidates for an Associate in Instructional Services (Business & Distributive Education) position in Office of Career and Technical Education (CTE). The CTE Office is responsible for middle and secondary-level career and technical education instructional activities, program approvals and monitoring, administration of the Carl D. Perkins Career and Technical Education Improvement Act, and civil rights reviews that insure compliance with five federal civil rights laws. Duties of this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Provide on-going leadership in sustaining a statewide professional development model that supports all learners and enhances business education in New York State;
• Review applications for State approval of CTE and work-based learning programs, technical assessments, and grant funding;
• Serve as SED liaison to State and national organizations related to business and marketing education (e.g., Business Teachers Association of New York State) and/ or career and technical education groups (e.g., the New York Association of Career and Technical Educators);
• Provide technical assistance and professional development to business educators and CTE program leaders through the development of guidance documents, web content, and workshops;
• Implement Perkins grant administration activities including State plan development, technical assistance to the field, develop yearly risk assessments and monitoring plan, review applications and budgets, and conduct on-site program reviews;
• Collaborate with internal offices and external CTE organizations and SED contractors on written guidance and training projects;
• Develop and score requests for proposals related to CTE; and
• Complete other duties, as directed, to foster state-wide equity in access and quality of CTE programs.
Reassignment: Candidates must have one year of permanent competitive or 55b/c service as an Associate in Instructional Services (Business & Distributive Education).
Provisional Appointment: Candidates may be eligible for a non-permanent provisional appointment. For a non-permanent provisional appointment, candidates must have one year of permanent competitive or 55b/c service as an Assistant in Instructional Services (Business & Distributive Education) OR possess a master’s degree AND a New York State permanent or professional certification in Business & Distributive Education AND five years of full time classroom teaching experience in Business and Distributive Education.
This will be a permanent or non-permanent provisional appointment. Promotions and transfers may change appointees’ negotiating unit. Applicants should be aware that changes in negotiating units may affect their salary, insurance, and other benefits. Verification of degree and certification will be required for all candidates at the time of interview. This position will require occasional statewide travel.
* Leads to a maximum salary of $105,681 based on annual performance advances.
Qualified candidates should send a resume and letter of interest by September 26, 2018 to firstname.lastname@example.org (email submissions are preferred). You must include the Box number (P12-1827/03633) of the position in the subject line of your email and cover letter to ensure receipt of your application.