THE NEW YORK STATE EDUCATION DEPARTMENT
Associate in Instructional Services (Biology, General Science 7-12), Grade 26 (PEF)
The New York State Education Department’s Office of Education Policy is seeking candidates for an Associate in Instructional Services (Biology, General Science) position in the Office of Curriculum and Instruction. This Office is responsible for the areas of English Language Arts, Mathematics, Social Studies, Science, the Arts, Physical Education, and professional development initiatives to support these subject areas. Duties of this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Assist in building capacity of school administrators, teachers and parents in understanding and implementing the NYS P-12 Science Learning Standards;
- Assist with managing vendor activities and responsibilities related to NYS P-12 Science Learning Standards, curricula resources, and computer-based and print-based assessments for quality, timeliness, accuracy and completeness;
- Assist with developing and conducting training and related workshops to build teachers’ content knowledge and pedagogy in science;
- Partner with The University of the State of New York member institutions, professional organizations and other stakeholder groups to provide a variety of professional development opportunities and resources related to the NYS P-12 Science Learning Standards;
- Offer technical assistance to school personnel and other stakeholders in the area of science;
- Administer a variety of competitive federal and State grant programs supporting increased student achievement in science;
- Provide content expertise on the development of curriculum, instruction and assessment models in science;
- Serve as liaison to State and federal organizations on educational policy initiatives and practices; and
- Research and prepare professional development materials, grants, contracts, proposed regulatory and policy statements, Board of Regents items and informational materials.
Reassignment: Candidates must have one year of permanent competitive or 55b/c service as an Associate in Instructional Services (Biology, General Science 7-12).
Provisional Appointment: If the eligible list has fewer than three candidates, a non-permanent provisional appointment may be considered. For non-permanent provisional appointments, candidates must have a master’s degree AND New York State permanent or professional certification in Biology 7-12 AND have four years of teaching experience in that subject area and corresponding grade levels.
This will be a permanent or non-permanent provisional appointment. Promotions and transfers may change appointees’ negotiating unit. Applicants should be aware that changes in negotiating units may affect their salary, insurance, and other benefits. Verification of degree will be required for all candidates at the time of interview.
*Leads to a maximum salary of $105, 681 based on annual performance advances.
Qualified candidates should send a resume and letter of interest by May 9, 2019 to firstname.lastname@example.org (email submissions are preferred). You must include the Box number (P12-1910/65112) of the position in the subject line of your email and cover letter to ensure receipt of your application.