THE NEW YORK STATE EDUCATION DEPARTMENT
Associate in Instructional Services (Biology 7 – 12), Grade 26 (PEF)
The New York State Education Department’s (NYSED) Office of Education Policy is seeking candidates for an Associate in Instructional Services (Biology 7 – 12) position in the Office of State Assessment. This Office is responsible for the development and statewide administration of all State examinations for elementary, intermediate, and high school students. Duties of this position will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Conduct activities related to the development of High School Regents Examination in Living Environment/Biology, including convening and conducting exam review committees, and participating in committee work and scoring sessions to provide content expertise in the development of State exams;
- Maintain and assist with the oversight of a pool of teacher-consultants and participate as needed in test development activities in Living Environment/Biology, including training, assigning, and reviewing the work of teacher-consultants to perform a wide range of test development tasks;
- Assist with the preparation and review of examinations, rubrics and supplementary materials and monitoring their progress through the various phases of development, including printing;
- Assist with the development of guidance and supplemental materials for the field and representing the Department at meetings and projects related to the NYS assessments; and
- Partnering with Office of Curriculum and Instruction to support the implementation of the New York State Learning Standards and developing materials for assessments aligned to these standards.
Reassignment: Candidates must have one year of permanent competitive or 55b/c service as an Associate in Instructional Services (Biology 7-12).
55b/c Appointment: This position is eligible for 55b/c designation and is subject to verification of applicant eligibility. Candidates must possess the minimum qualifications and a current 55b/c eligibility letter.
Provisional Appointment: In the absence of an eligible list with three or more candidates willing to accept a position, a temporary provisional appointment may be considered. For temporary provisional appointment, candidates must have one year of permanent competitive or 55b/c service as an Assistant in Instructional Services (Biology 7-12) OR a master’s degree AND New York State permanent or professional certification in Biology 7-12 AND four years of full-time classroom teaching experience in the corresponding subject area and grade levels.
This will be a permanent or temporary provisional appointment. Provisional candidates must take the examination for Associate in Instructional Services (Biology 7-12) when it is next offered and must be reachable on the resulting eligible list to maintain employment. For 55b/c appointment, candidates must possess the minimum qualifications, a current 55b/c eligibility letter and is subject to verification of applicant eligibility. Promotions and transfers may change appointees’ negotiating unit. Candidates should be aware that changes in negotiating units may affect their salary, insurance, and other benefits. Verification of degree and certification will be required at the time of interview for all candidates.
All NYSED employees must be vaccinated against COVID-19 or submit to mandatory weekly testing for COVID-19.
* Leads to a maximum salary of $112,150 based on annual performance advances.
Qualified candidates should send a resume and letter of interest by December 13, 2021 to email@example.com (email submissions are preferred). You must include the Box number (P12-2123/65084) of the position in the subject line of your email and cover letter to ensure receipt of your application. In order to qualify for the position, when you have current or prior New York State employment, you may be contacted by NYSED Personnel for your social security number to confirm your State employment history.