THE NEW YORK STATE EDUCATION DEPARTMENT
Associate in Instructional Services, Grade 26 (PEF)
The New York State Education Department’s Office of Education Policy is seeking candidates for the position of Associate in Instructional Services (Math 7-12) in the Office of State Assessment. This Office is responsible for the development and statewide administration of all State examinations for elementary, intermediate and high school students. Duties of this position will include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Conduct activities related to the development of High School Regents Examinations in mathematics and other mathematics exams as assigned, including convening and conducting exam review committees and key teacher-consultant committees;
• Participate in committee work and scoring sessions to provide content expertise in development of State exams;
• Recruit and train teacher-consultants to write questions for assessments;
• Develop and field test exams;
• Review and revise questions for field testing and work with the Content Advisory Panel (CAP) for mathematics;
• Manage the work of contractors in the preparation and review of certain aspects of the development of Regents Examinations in mathematics and other mathematics as assigned;
• Prepare and/or review examinations, rubrics and supplementary test materials and monitor their progress through the translation and printing stages;
• Maintain a pool of teacher-consultants to participate as needed in test development activities in mathematics, including training, assigning, and reviewing the work of teacher-consultants to perform a wide range of test development tasks;
• Oversee the development of new Regents Examinations and other tests in the NYS Testing Program that are aligned to new or revised content standards;
• Provide information and assistance related to assessment to school personnel, professional organizations, State and federal governmental agencies and public;
• Represent the Department at meetings and projects related to assessment;
• Assist the Bureau Chiefs and Director of State Assessment in planning and carrying out the work of the office; and
• Supervise subordinate professional and clerical staff.
Reassignment: Candidates must have one year of permanent competitive or 55b/c service as an Associate in Instructional Services (Math 7-12)
Eligible List Appointment: Candidates must be reachable on the Civil Service eligible list for this title.
NOTE: If you are on the Civil Service eligible list for this title, you may receive a canvass letter. You must complete and return it as instructed on the letter.
This will be a contingent permanent appointment. Promotions and transfers may change appointees’ negotiating unit. Applicants should be aware that changes in negotiating units may affect their salary, insurance, and other benefits. Verification of degree and certification will be required for all candidates at the time of interview.
* Leads to a maximum salary of $105,681 based on annual performance advances.
Qualified candidates should send a resume and letter of interest by September 26, 2018 to firstname.lastname@example.org (email submissions are preferred). You must include the Box number (P12-1771/15115) of the position in the subject line of your email and cover letter to ensure receipt of your application.