THE NEW YORK STATE EDUCATION DEPARTMENT
Associate in Education Improvement Services, Grade 26 (PEF)
The New York State Education Department’s (NYSED) Office of Education Policy is seeking candidates for an Associate in Education Improvement Services position in the Office of Accountability (OA). This Office is responsible for the implementation of programs funded under the federal Elementary and Secondary Education Act (ESEA). The incumbent of this position will provide critical support in carrying out the mandated work of the ESSA-Funded Programs Team, by monitoring the ESSA-Funded Programs for compliance, collecting program data and annually reporting findings to the United States Department of Education. Duties of this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Provide technical assistance to internal stakeholders and Local Educational Agencies (LEAs) stakeholders, regarding district and school-level accountability and school improvement;
- Assist in the development and revision of categorical and competitive grant applications;
- Assist LEAs in the preparation and submission of their annual Consolidated Application for ESSA-Funded Programs;
- Support the development of policy as it relates to ESSA-Funded Programs;
- Review and approve categorical and competitive grant applications and budgets;
- Monitor ESSA-Funded programs, to determine LEAs compliance with program requirements and support continuous improvement;
- Facilitate the collection of data from neglected and delinquent facilities;
- Participate in monitoring of Title I, Part D funded programs to determine LEA and facility compliance with program requirements and support continuous improvement;
- Participate in professional development activities related to the implementation of ESEA guidance, and
- Comply with office policies and procedures.
Reassignment: Candidates must have one year of permanent competitive or 55b/c service as an Associate in Education Improvement Services.
Eligible List Appointment: Candidates must be reachable on the Civil Service eligible list for this title. If you are on the Civil Service eligible list for this title, you may receive a canvass letter. You must complete and return it as instructed on the letter.
Section 70.1 Transfer: Candidates must meet the eligibility requirements and have one year of permanent competitive or 55b/c service in any of the titles linked here: Section 70.1 Transfer Determinations Between Professional Educator Titles Grade 22, 26, and 28.
55b/c Appointment: These positions are eligible for 55b/c designation and are subject to verification of applicant eligibility. Candidates must possess the minimum qualifications and a current 55 b/c eligibility letter.
Provisional Appointment: In the absence of an eligible list with three or more candidates willing to accept a position, a temporary provisional appointment may be considered. For provisional appointment, candidates must have a Master's degree AND
Either 1. Four years of professional experience in an education agency or organization working with elementary, middle or secondary schools in the provision of technical assistance or in the development or implementation of educational programs or educational grants; OR
2. Possess a New York State permanent or professional certification in classroom teaching, administration and supervision, or school service AND four years of professional experience in a public school teaching common branch subjects in grades Pre-Kindergarten to 6 or teaching academic subjects (English, a language other than English, mathematics, science or social studies) in grades 7-12; OR four years of professional experience working with students in the areas of early childhood and parent education, guidance counseling, school social work, or attendance improvement/dropout prevention.
Provisional candidates must take the examination for Associate in Education Improvement Services when it is next offered, and must be reachable on the resulting eligible list to maintain employment.
This will be a permanent appointment or temporary provisional appointment. Provisional candidates must take the examination for Associate in Education Improvement Services when it is next offered and must be reachable on the resulting eligible list to maintain employment. For 55b/c appointment, candidates must possess the minimum qualifications, a current 55b/c eligibility letter and is subject to verification of applicant eligibility. Promotions and transfers may change appointees’ negotiating unit. Candidates should be aware that changes in negotiating units may affect their salary, insurance, and other benefits. Verification of degree will be required at the time of interview for all candidates. This position will require 40% statewide travel.
* Leads to a maximum salary of $114,393 based on annual performance advances.
Qualified candidates should send a resume and letter of interest by October 4, 2022 to firstname.lastname@example.org (email submissions are preferred). Your resume must clearly indicate how you meet the minimum qualifications for this position. You must include the Box number (P12-2179/61026) of the position in the subject line of your email and cover letter to ensure receipt of your application. Links to application materials will not be accepted (i.e., Google Docs). Your social security number may be required to confirm your eligibility.