THE NEW YORK STATE EDUCATION DEPARTMENT
Associate in Education Improvement Services, Grade 26 (PEF)
The New York State Education Department’s Office of Education Policy is seeking candidates for an Associate in Education Improvement Services position in the Career and Technical Education (CTE) program office. Career and Technical Education provides students with technical and academic knowledge as well as the skills necessary to succeed in high school and beyond. In the last several years participation in CTE has become a graduation pathway option for students. CTE has an important role in areas such as college and career readiness initiatives, special education, justice-involved youth, school counseling, data reporting, and teacher certification. Duties of this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Perform data analysis, research, revise data collection processes, and provide technical guidance products;
- Serve as grant liaison to district and BOCES programs;
- Work with grantees in addressing areas needing improvement and provide on-site program and/or civil rights monitoring;
- Participate in preparation for federal monitoring visits and state audits;
- Review applications and budgets for quality content and compliance with grant guidelines and determine grant procedures;
- Provide technical assistance to data managers in the Regional Information Centers, and districts;
- Attend organizational meetings to provide workshops on CTE data and Perkins Grant program;
- Develop RFPs, Regents items, field guidance and other work products of the CTE Office;
- Prepare written material for dissemination, including news releases, bulletins, newsletters and material for the Education Department website; and
- Contribute to special projects by participating in workgroups and writing teams serving cross-agency efforts.
Reassignment: Candidates must have one year of permanent competitive or 55b/c service as an Associate in Education Improvement Services.
Eligible List Appointment: Candidates must be reachable on the Civil Service list for this title.
NOTE: If you are on the Civil Service eligible list for this title, you may receive a canvass letter. You must complete and return it as instructed on the letter.
This will be a permanent appointment. Promotions and transfers may change appointees’ negotiating unit. Applicants should be aware that changes in negotiating units may affect their salary, insurance, and other benefits. Verification of degree will be required for all candidates at the time of interview. This position will require 5% overnight travel.
* Leads to a maximum salary of $105,681 based on annual performance advances.
Qualified candidates should send a resume and letter of interest by April 29, 2019 to P12jobs@nysed.gov (email submissions are preferred). You must include the Box number (P12-1906/65473) of the position in the subject line of your email to ensure receipt of your application.