THE NEW YORK STATE EDUCATION DEPARTMENT
Associate in Continuing Education, Grade 26 (PEF)
The New York State Education Department’s Office of Adult Career and Continuing Education Services (ACCES) is seeking to fill three Associate in Continuing Education positions in the Adult Education Programs and Policy (AEPP) unit. The incumbents will be part of an upstate team of regional associates and, in addition, will have fiscal and accountability responsibilities. Duties of these positions include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Work with AEPP Regional staff, program managers of funded adult education programs, and Regional Adult Education Network center directors as part of an upstate or downstate team;
- Develop and review Requests for Proposals for Federal and State adult education funding;
- Review and approve budgets, contracts and budget modifications, and amendments for Project Tracking System (PTS) and Categorical/Federal System (CAFÉ);
- Review and prepare Employment Preparation Education (EPE) State aid claims and the reallocation of EPE State aid;
- Analyze data in NYSED’s student and program database to identify programs for intensive technical assistance;
- Work as part of a team to improve performance of underperforming programs identified for corrective action;
- Participate in a team to monitor funded adult education programs, including priority monitoring of agencies in the Individual Technical Assistance Plan (ITAP) and Corrective Action (CA) status;
- Assist with implementing the National Reporting System (NRS) and NYSDOL Unemployment Insurance data policies and procedures for program accountability and student results as required by the Workforce Innovation Opportunity Act (WIOA);
- Provide statewide technical assistance on new WIOA data system changes and NRS policies to programs; and
- Oversee the development of literacy zones in the upstate or downstate team regions in partnership with the Regional Adult Education Network (RAEN) directors.
Reassignment: Candidates must have one year of permanent competitive or 55b/c service as an Associate in Continuing Education.
Eligible List Appointment: Candidates must be reachable on the Civil Service eligible list for Associate in Continuing Education. If you are on the Civil Service eligible list for Associate in Continuing Education, you may receive a canvass letter. You must complete and return it as instructed on the letter.
Section 70.1 Transfer: Candidates must have one year of permanent competitive or 55 b/c service as an Associate in Occupational School Supervision.
Provisional Appointment: In the absence of an eligible list with three or more candidates willing to accept a position, a non-permanent provisional appointment may be considered. For non-permanent provisional appointment, candidates must have a master’s degree or higher AND four years of professional experience in continuing education*. Two years of this experience must have been in an oversight or administrative capacity responsible for:
Either A. the provision of professional development and technical assistance;
Or B. the development and implementation of a continuing education program.
*Continuing Education is the instruction of out-of-school youth and adults in such areas as: employment preparation, adult basic education, life skills, GED preparation, post-secondary transition, workplace literacy, adult literacy and specialized instruction for English language learners. Experience as a K-12 classroom teacher or as a college professor will NOT be considered as meeting the experience requirements.
Employees of ACCES-VR who are currently in an Associate in Continuing Education position and are interested in transferring to the location indicated on this flyer MUST apply for the position as outlined in the Application section of this flyer.
These will be contingent-permanent appointments. Promotions and transfers may change appointees’ negotiating unit. Candidates should be aware that changes in negotiating units may affect their salary, insurance, and other benefits.
**Leads to a maximum salary of $105,681 based on annual performance advances.
Qualified candidates should send a resume and letter of interest by October 29, 2021 to email@example.com (email submissions are preferred). Please include the Box number (see below) of the position in the subject line of your email to ensure receipt of your application. In order to qualify for the position, when you have current or prior New York State employment, you may be contacted by NYSED Personnel for your social security number to confirm your State employment history.