THE NEW YORK STATE EDUCATION DEPARTMENT
Associate in Continuing Education, Grade 26 (PEF)
The New York State Education Department’s (NYSED) Office of Adult Career and Continuing Education Services (ACCES) is seeking candidates for an Associate in Continuing Education position in the Adult Education Programs and Policy Unit. This Unit promotes, develops, and supports adult education programs with the goal of providing adult students with successful pathways and transitions to post-secondary education, apprenticeship training, and the workforce. The incumbent of this position will be part of an upstate or downstate team of regional associates and will have fiscal and accountability responsibilities. Duties of this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Work with other regional coordinators, program managers of funded adult-education programs, and Regional Adult Education Network (RAEN) center directors as part of an upstate or downstate team;
- Review and approve budgets, contracts, and budget modifications and amendments for programs receiving grant awards;
- Review and prepare Employment Preparation Education (EPE) State-aid claims and the reallocation of EPE State aid in February and April of each year;
- Participate in a team to approve Related Instruction for Apprenticeship Programming in partnership with the NYS Department of Labor (NYSDOL);
- Review and package program awards and ensure compliance with Minority and Women-Owned Business Enterprises (MWBE);
- Develop and implement National Reporting System (NRS) and NYSDOL Unemployment Insurance data policies and procedures for program accountability and student results as required by the Workforce Innovation Opportunity Act (WIOA);
- Provide statewide technical assistance on new WIOA data system changes and NRS policies to programs; and
- Oversee the development of literacy zones in the upstate or downstate team regions in partnership with the West, Finger Lakes, Central Southern, and Capital District RAEN center directors.
Reassignment: Candidates must have one year of permanent competitive or 55b/c service as an Associate in Continuing Education.
Eligible List Appointment: Candidates must be reachable on the Associate in Continuing Education Civil Service eligible list. If you are on the Civil Service eligible list for this title, you may receive a canvass letter. You must complete and return it as instructed on the letter.
Section 70.1 Transfer: Candidates must have one year of permanent competitive or 55b/c service as an Associate in Occupational School Supervision.
55 b/c Appointment: This position is eligible for 55 b/c designation and is subject to verification of applicant eligibility. Candidates must possess the minimum qualifications and a current 55 b/c eligibility letter.
Provisional Appointment: In the absence of an eligible list with three or more candidates willing to accept a position, a non-permanent provisional appointment may be considered. Provisional candidates must take the examination for Associate in Continuing Education when it is next offered, and must be reachable on the resulting eligible list to maintain employment. For non-permanent provisional appointment, candidates must have a master’s degree or higher AND four years of professional experience in continuing education, as described below. Two years of this experience must have been in an oversight or administrative capacity responsible for:
Either A. the provision of professional development and technical assistance;
Or B. the development and implementation of a continuing education program.
Qualifying Experience: Continuing Education is the instruction of out-of-school youth and adults in such areas as: employment preparation, adult basic education, life skills, General Education Development (GED) or High School Equivalency (HSE) test preparation, post-secondary transition, workplace literacy, adult literacy, and specialized instruction for Limited English Proficient/English Language Learners (LEP/ELL). For more information please visit: http://www.acces.nysed.gov/aepp/welcome-adult-education-programs-and-policy-aepp
This will be a permanent appointment or non-permanent provisional appointment. Provisional candidates must take the examination for Associate in Continuing Education when it is next offered, and must be reachable on the resulting eligible list to maintain employment. Promotions and transfers may change appointees’ negotiating unit. Candidates should be aware that changes in negotiating units may affect their salary, insurance, and other benefits. Verification of degree and work experience will be required at the time of interview for all candidates.
* Leads to a maximum salary of $105,681 based on annual performance advances.
Qualified candidates should send a resume and letter of interest by March 24, 2021 to firstname.lastname@example.org (email submissions are preferred). You must include the Box number (ACS-2413/66357) of the position in the subject line of your email and cover letter to ensure receipt of your application.