THE NEW YORK STATE EDUCATION DEPARTMENT
Associate Budgeting Analyst, Grade 23 (Management/Confidential)
The New York State Education Department (NYSED) is seeking candidates for an Associate Budgeting Analyst position in the Office of Financial Administration. Duties of this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Oversee the processing of transactions within the Office of Financial Administration;
- Exhibit good knowledge of all federal, State, and Department rules and regulations to ensure policies and procedures related to fiscal records meet compliance standards;
- Assist with the resolution of transactional and cash plan budget errors and monitor the expenditure of funds;
- Maintain effective working relationships with fiscal and program staff to identify and establish priorities for areas of oversight to meet Department goals and objectives;
- Demonstrate a comprehensive understanding of the Statewide Financial System (SFS) rules and processes;
- Represent the Department at applicable meetings and seminars held by the SFS or State Comptroller and be able to organize, consolidate, and prepare narrative and tabular information into a clear and logical report for distribution to staff; and
- Supervise lower level professional and clerical staff, as assigned.
Reassignment: Candidates must have one year of permanent competitive or 55b/c service as an Associate Budgeting Analyst.
Eligible List Appointment: Candidates must be reachable on the Associate Budgeting Analyst Civil Service eligible list. If you are on the Civil Service eligible list for this title, you may receive a canvass letter. You must complete and return it as instructed on the letter.
Section 52.6 Transfer to Associate Accountant Budgeting Analyst: Candidates must have one year of permanent competitive or 55b/c service in a title SG-23 or above deemed eligible for transfer under Section 52.6 of the Civil Service Law. For information regarding the transfer options of your current title, please visit the Civil Service Career Mobility Office Website.
Section 70.1 Transfer to Associate Budgeting Analyst: Candidates must have one year of permanent competitive or 55b/c service as an Associate Accountant or Contract Management Specialist 2.
This will be a permanent appointment. Promotions and transfers may change appointee’s negotiating unit. Applicants should be aware that changes in negotiating units may affect their salary, insurance, and other benefits. Verification of degree and/or work experience will be required for all candidates at the time of interview.
*Leads to a maximum salary of $93,941 based on annual performance advances.
Qualified candidates should send a resume and letter of interest by March 4, 2020 to email@example.com (Email submissions preferred). You must include the Box number (CFO-455/00408) of the position in the subject line of your email and cover letter to ensure receipt of your application.