THE NEW YORK STATE EDUCATION DEPARTMENT
Associate Administrative Analyst, Grade 23 (PEF)
(Open to current NYS Employees only)
The New York State Education Department’s (SED) Office of the Professions (OP) is seeking to fill an Associate Administrative Analyst position in the Deputy Commissioner's Office. Under the direction of the Executive Coordinator, the Associate Administrative Analyst will perform various duties such as conducting studies and analysis to assist management in identifying and solving organizational inefficiencies; reviewing, coordinating, and updating organizational policy and manuals; assisting in the development and implementation of operating systems; and supervise staff. Duties of this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Manage, track and maintain technical assistance on all legislation that impacts the licensed professions, including gathering additional background information and coordinating efforts between OP leadership, subject matter experts, and other impacted program areas on the development of, and comments on, proposed legislation;
- Participate in state-wide policy discussions with legislators, lobbyists, stakeholders and internal and external government officials regarding laws, rules, regulations and policies impacting the licensed professions;
- Assist in the implementation of new legislation that relates to the licensed professions;
- Review and analyze critical needs and responsibilities for a variety of projects and time-sensitive assignments, including the planning and implementation of systems to ensure effective operation of the day-to-day administrative activities of the program office;
- Oversee the development of data and reports to provide management with key performance measures to monitor agency operations;
- Assist in the evaluation of process improvement recommendations and tracking implementation progress, including, conducting periodic monitoring and regular system reviews to ensure effective program operations and participate as a member of process improvement teams charged with the design and/or redesign of processes to improve the customer service experience for applicants, licensees, and consumers of professional services in conjunction with the implementation of OP’s modernization project;
- Assist in the assessment of OP discipline and enforcement processes that pertain to licensed professionals and assist in developing the functionality for managing these processes and make ongoing analysis and follow-up recommendations to facilitate efficient program office operations, including preparation of detailed, written procedures, and training of staff when changes are implemented;
- Analyze existing and best practice models and make recommendations to improve communication channels, both internally and externally to ensure effectiveness and efficiency throughout the program area;
- Assist in the use analysis and maintenance of OP’s public website;
- Monitor and oversee various reporting and data collection activities, including the development and coordination of Board of Regent materials as they pertain to OP; and
- Provide direct supervision of subordinate staff in their daily responsibilities.
Reassignment: Candidates must have one year of permanent competitive or 55b/c service as an Associate Administrative Analyst.
Eligible List Appointment: Candidates must be reachable on the Civil Service eligible list for this title. If you are on the Civil Service eligible list for this title, you may receive a canvass letter. You must complete and return it as instructed on the letter.
Section 52.6 Transfer: Candidates must have one year of permanent competitive or 55b/c service in a title SG-21 or above deemed eligible for transfer under Section 52.6 of the Civil Service Law. For more information regarding the transfer options of your current title, please visit the Civil Service Career Mobility Office Website.
Provisional Appointment: In the absence of an eligible list with three or more candidates willing to accept a position, a temporary provisional appointment may be considered. For provisional appointment, candidates must be a qualified employee of New York State and one year of permanent competitive or 55-b/55-c service as a Senior Administrative Analyst. Provisional candidates must take the examination for Associate Administrative Analyst when it is next offered and must be reachable on the resulting eligible list to maintain employment.
This will be a permanent appointment. Promotions and transfers may change appointees’ negotiating unit. Candidates should be aware that changes in negotiating units may affect their salary, insurance, and other benefits. Verification of degree will be required at the time of interview for all candidates.
*Leads to a maximum salary of $100,342 based on annual performance advances.
Qualified candidates should send a resume letter of interest by October 7, 2022 to firstname.lastname@example.org (e-mail submissions are preferred). Your resume must clearly indicate how you meet the minimum qualifications for this position. You must include the Box number (OP-1548/21480) of the position in the subject line of your email and cover letter to ensure receipt of your application. Your social security number may be required to confirm your eligibility.