THE NEW YORK STATE EDUCATION DEPARTMENT
Associate Accountant, Grade 23 (PEF)
(Open to Current NYS Employees Only)
The New York State Education Department is seeking candidates for an Associate Accountant position in the Office of Financial Administration. Duties of this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Oversee the Accounts Payable Unit’s processing including interagency payments for services provided to the Department by other New York State agencies;
- Manage the review and authorization of payment of all Department employee expense reports and Citi travel card statements in the Travel Unit;
- Develop and maintain knowledge of all internal and State-mandated travel rules and processes;
- Oversee the payment processing of the Non-Employee Travel and Services Unit;
- Ensure compliance with all federal, State and Department rules and regulations concerning procurement, payments and travel;
- Develop and maintain knowledge of the Statewide Financial System (SFS) rules and processes as they pertain to Accounts Payable, Travel and Interagency Billing;
- Represent the Department at all relevant seminars or meetings held by the SFS;
- Ensure that all Department policies and procedures for the Accounts Payable, Travel and Non-Employee Travel and Services units are thorough, up-to-date, and in accordance with all federal, State and Department rules and regulations;
- Supervise the Department payroll distribution and the Maintenance and Transportation bi-weekly payment process; and
- Supervise and act in an advisory capacity to coordinate assignments and resolve problems within the Accounts Payable, Travel and Non-Employee Travel and Services Units.
Reassignment: Candidates must have one year of permanent competitive or 55b/c service as an Associate Accountant.
Eligible List Appointment: Candidates must be reachable on the Associate Accountant Civil Service eligible list. If you are on the Civil Service eligible list for this title, you may receive a canvass letter. You must complete and return it as instructed on the letter.
Section 70.1 Transfer to Associate Accountant: Candidates must have one year of permanent competitive or 55b/c service in a title SG-23 or above deemed eligible for transfer under Section 70.1 of the Civil Service Law. Transfer candidates must possess 24 semester credit hours in accounting, auditing, or taxation courses. For information regarding the transfer options of your current title, please visit the Civil Service Career Mobility Office Website.
This will be a permanent appointment. Promotions and transfers may change appointee’s negotiating unit. Applicants should be aware that changes in negotiating units may affect their salary, insurance, and other benefits. Verification of degree and/or work experience will be required for all candidates at the time of interview.
*Leads to a maximum salary of $92,693 based on annual performance advances.
Qualified candidates should send a resume and letter of interest by October 23, 2019 to email@example.com (Email submissions preferred). You must include the Box number (CFO-438/53110) of the position in the subject line of your email and cover letter to ensure receipt of your application.