THE NEW YORK STATE EDUCATION DEPARTMENT
Associate Accountant, Grade 23 (PEF)
(Open to Current NYS Employees Only)
The New York State Education Department’s Office of the Chief Financial Officer is seeking candidates for an Associate Accountant position in the Office of Financial Administration. Duties of this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Oversee and manage the Department’s financial and data reporting requirements for the National School Lunch Program (NSLP) with the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA);
- Serve as the main point of contact with USDA for all NSLP activities and represent the Department with control offices such as the NYS Division of Budget and the NYS Office of State Comptroller;
- Coordinate with IT staff to ensure the Child Nutrition Management System is updated regularly with changes in federal and State reimbursement rates and other data items and ensure the monthly reimbursement system for approximately 1,500 providers functions properly;
- Oversee and manage the annual budget plans and spending for the NSLP;
- Prepare annual spending plans and coordinate with the appropriate Program Units to approve and implement the plans;
- Forecast and project expenditures, compare to established plans and make adjustments throughout the fiscal year in accordance with federal and State rules and regulations;
- Assist with accounting operations on behalf of the Department involving fringe benefit and indirect cost payments, development of the agency indirect cost plan and development of agency IT chargeback plan;
- Conduct the preparation and reconciliation of all fiscal plans in accordance with federal and State financial guidelines; and
- Supervise lower level professional and clerical staff involved with the duties described above.
Reassignment: Candidates must have one year of permanent competitive or 55b/c service as an Associate Accountant.
Eligible List Appointment: Candidates must be reachable on the Associate Accountant Civil Service eligible list. If you are on the Civil Service eligible list for this title, you may receive a canvass letter. You must complete and return it as instructed on the letter.
Section 70.1 Transfer to Associate Accountant: Candidates must have one year of permanent competitive or 55b/c service in a title SG-23 or above deemed eligible for transfer under Section 70.1 of the Civil Service Law. For information regarding the transfer options of your current title, please visit the Civil Service Career Mobility Office Website.
This will be a contingent permanent appointment. Promotions and transfers may change appointee’s negotiating unit. Applicants should be aware that changes in negotiating units may affect their salary, insurance, and other benefits. Verification of degree and/or work experience will be required for all candidates at the time of interview.
*Leads to a maximum salary of $92,693 based on annual performance advances.
Qualified candidates should send a resume and letter of interest by April 30, 2019 to email@example.com (Email submissions preferred). You must include the Box number (CFO-417/53106) of the position in the subject line of your email and cover letter to ensure receipt of your application.