THE NEW YORK STATE EDUCATION DEPARTMENT
Assistant in Instructional Services (Mathematics 7-12), Grade 22 (PEF)
The New York State Education Department’s Office of Education Policy is seeking candidates for an Assistant in Instructional Services (Mathematics) position in the Office of Curriculum and Instruction. This Office is responsible for the areas of English Language Arts, Mathematics, Social Studies, Science, the Arts, Physical Education, and professional development initiatives to support these subject areas. Duties of this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Assist in building capacity of school administrators, teachers and parents in understanding and implementing the NYS Next Generation Mathematics Learning Standards;
- Assist with managing vendor activities and responsibilities related to NYS Next Generation Mathematics Learning Standards, curricula resources, and computer-based and print-based assessments for quality, timeliness, accuracy and completeness;
- Assist with developing and conducting training and related workshops to build teachers’ content knowledge and pedagogy in mathematics;
- Partner with University of the State of New York member institutions, professional organizations and other stakeholder groups to provide a variety of professional development opportunities related to the NYS P-12 Math Learning Standards;
- Offer technical assistance to school personnel and other stakeholders in the area of mathematics;
- Administer a variety of competitive federal and state grant programs supporting increased student achievement in mathematics;
- Provide content expertise on the development of curriculum, instruction and assessment models in mathematics;
- Serve as liaison to State and federal organizations on educational policy initiatives and practices; and
- Research and prepare professional development materials, grants, contracts, proposed regulatory and policy statements, Board of Regents items and informational materials.
Reassignment: Candidates must have one year of permanent competitive or 55b/c service as an Assistant in Instructional Services (Mathematics 7-12).
Eligible List Appointment: Candidates must be reachable on the Civil Service eligible list for this title.
Section 70.4 Transfer: Candidates may be eligible for nomination for transfer under Section 70.4 of the Civil Service Law if they are a current NYS employee with one year of permanent competitive or 55 b/c service in a title SG-20 or higher AND have standing on the Civil Service eligible list for this title.
NOTE: If you are on the Civil Service eligible list for this title, you may receive a canvass letter. You must complete and return it as instructed on the letter.
This will be a permanent appointment. Promotions and transfers may change appointees’ negotiating unit. Applicants should be aware that changes in negotiating units may affect their salary, insurance, and other benefits. Verification of degree will be required for all candidates at the time of interview.
* Leads to a maximum salary of $88,124 based on annual performance advances.
Qualified candidates should send a resume and letter of interest by May 21, 2019 to email@example.com (email submissions are preferred). Please include the Box number (P12-1907/65451) of the positions in the subject line of your email to ensure receipt of your application.