THE NEW YORK STATE EDUCATION DEPARTMENT
Assistant in Instructional Services (Career and Technical Education), Grade 22 (PEF)
The New York State Education Department’s Office of Education Policy is seeking candidates for an Assistant in Instructional Services position (Career and Technical Education) in the Career and Technical Education (CTE) program office. This Office is responsible for middle and secondary-level career and technical education instructional activities, program approvals and monitoring, administration of the Perkins V Strengthening Career and Technical Education for the 21st Century Act, and civil rights reviews that ensure compliance with federal civil rights laws. Duties of this position include, but are not limited to the following:
- Assist with on-going leadership in sustaining a statewide professional development model that supports all learners and enhances CTE programs in New York State;
- Review applications for State approval of CTE programs, technical assessments, and grant funding;
- Serve as liaison to state and national organizations related to career and technical education policy initiatives and practices;
- Offer technical assistance to school personnel and other stakeholders, including the development and delivery of training materials to build teachers’ content knowledge and pedagogy in CTE;
- Support implementation of Perkins grant administration activities, including State Plan development; technical assistance to the field; yearly risk assessments and monitoring plans; application and budget reviews; and on-site program reviews;
- Collaborate with internal offices, external CTE organizations, and NYSED contractors on CTE guidance and training projects;
- Support administration of a variety of competitive and allocational State and federal grant programs supporting increased student achievement in CTE;
- Research and prepare professional development materials, grants, contracts, proposed regulatory and policy statements, Board of Regents items, and informational materials; and
- Complete other duties, as directed, to foster state-wide equity in access and quality of CTE programs.
Reassignment: Candidates must have one year of permanent competitive or 55b/c service as an Assistant in Instructional Services (CTE).
Provisional Appointment: In the absence of an eligible list, candidates may be considered for a temporary provisional appointment. For temporary provisional appointment, candidate’s must have a master’s degree AND New York State permanent or professional K-12 or 7-12 CTE certification AND three years of full-time classroom teaching experience in any of the following Career and Technical Education disciplines:
- Agriculture Education
- Business and Marketing Education
- Family and Consumer Science Education
- Health Science Education
- Technology Education
- Trade and Technical Education
This will be a permanent or temporary provisional appointment. Promotions and transfers may change appointees’ negotiating unit. Applicants should be aware that changes in negotiating units may affect their salary, insurance, and other benefits. Verification of degree and certification will be required for each candidate at the time of interview. Some travel is required for this position (5%).
* Leads to a maximum salary of $88,124 based on annual performance advances.
Qualified candidates should send a resume and letter of interest by December 16, 2019 to firstname.lastname@example.org (email submissions are preferred). You must include the Box number (P12-1984/65022) of the position in the subject line of your email and cover letter to ensure receipt of your application.