THE NEW YORK STATE EDUCATION DEPARTMENT
Assistant in Education Improvement Services, Grade 22 (PEF)
The New York State Education Department’s (NYSED) Office of Education Policy is seeking candidates for an Assistant in Education Improvement Services in the Office of Accountability. This Office is responsible for the implementation of programs funded under the federal Elementary and Secondary Education Act (ESEA). The incumbent of this position will provide critical support in carrying out the mandated work of the ESSA-Funded Programs Team, by monitoring the ESSA-Funded Programs for compliance, collecting program data and annually reporting findings to the United States Department of Education. Duties of this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Provide support and technical assistance to Local Education Agencies (LEAs) on the implementation of ESEA program policies, including district and school level accountability, and school improvement;
- Assist LEAs in the preparation and submission of their annual applications for funding
- Assist in the review and approval of categorical and competitive grant applications and program budgets;
- Conduct on-site and/or desk review compliance monitoring to determine LEA compliance with programmatic and fiscal requirements, prepare reports and associated Corrective Action Plans; and
- Support the development of guidance materials and other technical assistance resources for use by LEA staff;
- Participate in professional development activities related to the implementation of ESEA guidance, and
- Undertake special assignments as assigned.
Reassignment: Candidates must have one year of permanent competitive or 55b/c service as an Assistant in Education Improvement Services.
Eligible List Appointment: Candidates must be reachable on the Civil Service eligible list for this title. If you are on the Civil Service eligible list for this title, you may receive a canvass letter. You must complete and return it as instructed on the letter.
Section 70.4 Transfer: Candidates may be eligible for transfer under Section 70.4 of the Civil Service Law to Assistant in Education Improvement Services if they are a current NYS employee with one year of permanent competitive or 55b/c service in a title SG-20 or higher AND have standing on the Assistant in Education Improvement Services eligible list.
55b/c Appointment: This position is eligible for 55b/c designation and is subject to verification of applicant eligibility. Candidates must possess the minimum qualifications and a current 55b/c eligibility letter.
This will be a permanent appointment. For 55b/c appointment, candidates must possess the minimum qualifications, a current 55b/c eligibility letter and is subject to verification of applicant eligibility. Promotions and transfers may change appointees’ negotiating unit. Candidates should be aware that changes in negotiating units may affect their salary, insurance, and other benefits. Verification of degree will be required at the time of the interview for all candidates. This position will require Statewide 30% travel.
All SED employees must be vaccinated against COVID-19 or submit to mandatory weekly testing for COVID-19.
* Leads to a maximum salary of $93,519 based on annual performance advances.
Qualified candidates should send a resume and letter of interest by December 9, 2021 to firstname.lastname@example.org (email submissions are preferred). You must include the box number (P12-2119/60213) of the position in the subject line of your email and cover letter to ensure receipt of your application. In order to qualify for the position when you have current or prior New York State employment, you may be contacted by NYSED Personnel for your social security number to confirm your State employment history.