THE NEW YORK STATE EDUCATION DEPARTMENT
Assistant in Education Improvement Services, Grade 22 (PEF)
The New York State Education Department’s Office of Education Policy is seeking candidates for an Assistant in Education Improvement Services position in the Office of Educational Design and Technology. This Office coordinates programs and initiatives that promote the effective integration of technology in educational environments statewide to improve teaching and learning. Duties of this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Assist in developing, conducting, supporting, and reviewing Department programs which assist schools in improving the delivery of educational services through technology;
• Provide program support for partnerships between schools to increase the scope and scale of innovative, technology-enhanced initiatives to improve teaching and learning;
• Provide technical assistance to school districts, local education agencies, regional school support centers, other public or private agencies or professional groups on topics related to educational technology, including but not limited to online, distance, and blended learning, innovative technologies, digital literacy, and personalized learning;
• Assist with the development and management of educational content and resources, such as those related to improving equitable access to high-quality educational experiences through technology (online, distance, and blended learning);
• Assist with the review and evaluation of program and grant applications and/or proposals;
• Assist with creating materials necessary to implement program and Department objectives related to educational technology, including website text, newsletter articles, training and/or informational materials, procedures, presentations, surveys, and/or forms;
• Facilitate meetings, including agenda creation, WebEx setup and facilitation, and follow-up notes and materials;
• Provide periodic and final reports (in various formats) on projects that include program status and/or specific recommendations; and
• Other duties related to Office programs as assigned by supervisor.
Reassignment: Candidates must have one year of permanent competitive or 55b/c service as an Assistant in Education Improvement Services.
Eligible List Appointment: Candidates must be reachable on the Civil Service eligible list for this title.
Section 70.4 Transfer: Candidates may be eligible for nomination for Section 70.4 transfer to Assistant in Education Improvement Services if they have standing on the Civil Service eligible list for this title and are currently a New York State employee in a title allocated at Grade 20 or higher.
NOTE: If you are on the Civil Service eligible list for this title, you may receive a canvass letter. You must complete and return it as instructed on the letter.
This will be a permanent appointment. Promotions and transfers may change appointees’ negotiating unit. Applicants should be aware that changes in negotiating units may affect their salary, insurance, and other benefits. Verification of degree will be required at the time of interview for all candidates.
* Leads to a maximum salary of $88,124 based on annual performance advances.
Qualified candidates should send a resume and letter of interest by September 26, 2018 to firstname.lastname@example.org (email submissions are preferred). You must include the Box number (P12-1761/61014) of the position in the subject line of your email and cover letter to ensure receipt of your application.