THE NEW YORK STATE EDUCATION DEPARTMENT
Archives and Records Management Specialist 2, Grade 18 (PEF)
The New York State Education Department’s (NYSED) Office of Cultural Education is seeking candidates for an Archives and Records Management Specialist 2 position in the New York State Archives. This Office leads efforts, on behalf of all New Yorkers, to manage, preserve, ensure open access to, and promote the wide use of, records that support information needs and document the history, governments, events, and peoples of New York State. Duties of this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Participate in researcher services activities, including providing assistance to researchers on-site, as well as by email or postal mail, and over the phone;
- Process records in paper, electronic and audio/visual formats using existing archival standards and practices for preserving original order, protecting the integrity of the records, and ensuring appropriate physical protection and collection of metadata;
- Work with the Archives Partnership Trust to create and manage projects that support the preservation of records held in the State Archives;
- Support the use of the holdings and services of the State Archives by the programs of the Archives Partnership Trust including public tours, events, social media content and marketing;
- Develop grant applications from both government sources and private philanthropy for preservation projects and serve as project manager for such projects;
- Serve on the editorial committee of New York Archives magazine and prepare content for use in the magazine about the collections of the State Archives;
- Coordinate and create online exhibits and document displays of items from the collections of the State Archives; and
- Provide assistance to other archival functions including accessioning, processing, appraisal, and retention scheduling of state government records.
Reassignment: Candidates must have one year of permanent competitive or 55b/c service as an Archives and Records Management Specialist 2.
Eligible List Appointment: Candidates must be reachable on the Civil Service eligible list for this title. If you are on the Civil Service eligible list for this title, you may receive a canvass letter. You must complete and return it as instructed on the letter.
Section 52.6 Transfer: Candidates must have one year of permanent competitive or 55b/c service in a title allocated salary grade 18 or higher eligible to transfer under Section 52.6 of the Civil Service Law. For information regarding the transfer options of your current title, please visit the Civil Service Career Mobility Office Website.
55b/c Appointment: This position is eligible for 55b/c designation and is subject to verification of applicant eligibility. Candidates must possess the minimum qualifications and a current 55b/c eligibility letter.
This will be a permanent, competitive appointment. For 55b/c appointment, candidates must possess the minimum qualifications, a current 55b/c eligibility letter and is subject to verification of applicant eligibility. Promotions and transfers may change appointees’ negotiating unit. Candidates should be aware that changes in negotiating units may affect their salary, insurance, and other benefits.
All NYSED employees must be vaccinated against COVID-19 or submit to mandatory weekly testing for COVID-19.
* Leads to a maximum salary of $76,387 based on annual performance advances.
Qualified candidates should send a resume and letter of interest by January 28, 2022 to firstname.lastname@example.org (email submissions are preferred). Your resume must clearly indicate how you meet the minimum qualifications for this position. You must include the Box number (OCE-1233/26356) of the position in the subject line of your email and cover letter to ensure receipt of your application. Your social security number may be required to confirm your eligibility.