THE NEW YORK STATE EDUCATION DEPARTMENT
Archives and Records Management Specialist 2, Grade 18 (PEF)
The New York State Archives is seeking candidates for an Archives and Records Management Specialist 2 position in the Archival Services Unit. The NYS Archives leads efforts, on behalf of all New Yorkers, to manage, preserve, ensure open access to, and promote the wide use of, records that support information needs and document the history, governments, events and peoples of our State. Duties of this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Participate in the workflow of records processing, including identification of records to process in consultation with other staff; determine the appropriate level of arrangement and description, and supervise the processing and rehousing and related data entry tasks;
• Participate in Researcher Services activities, including providing assistance to researchers on-site, as well as by email or postal mail, and over the phone;
• Implement quality control procedures relating to data entry and digital images;
• Provide assistance to other archival functions including accessioning, appraisal and retention scheduling of state government records;
• Deliver presentations to staff, the general public and special audiences on State Archives services and holdings and on specialized research topics;
• Participate in the workflow of digitization, including supervision of staff in the creation of born-digital content for online delivery and the preservation of born-digital media and digital surrogates to ensure the researcher’s ability to discover, search and browse digital content;
• Assist in the development of outreach tools including electronic publications, web content and social media content to facilitate researcher access to and use of the holdings of the state archives; and
• Supervise and evaluate performance of technicians, support staff and student interns, as assigned.
Reassignment: Candidates must have one year of permanent competitive or 55b/c service as an Archives and Records Management Specialist 2.
Section 52.6 Transfer: Candidates must have one year of permanent competitive or 55b/c service in a title allocated SG-16 or higher eligible to transfer under Section 52.6 of the Civil Service Law.
Eligible List Appointment: Candidates must be reachable on the Archives and Records Management Specialist 2 Civil Service eligible list. If you are on the Civil Service eligible list for this title, you may receive a canvass letter. You must complete and return it as instructed on the letter.
This will be a permanent appointment. Promotions and transfers may change appointees’ negotiating unit. Candidates should be aware that changes in negotiating units may affect their salary, insurance, and other benefits. The work schedule for this position includes hours of Monday through Friday (9:00am – 5:00pm) with rotating Saturdays (9:00am – 5:00pm).
* Leads to a maximum salary of $71,980 based on annual performance advances.
Qualified candidates should send a resume and letter of interest by September 28,2018 to email@example.com (E-mail submissions are preferred). You must include the Box number (OCE-1087) of the position in the subject line of your email and cover letter to ensure receipt of your application.