THE NEW YORK STATE EDUCATION DEPARTMENT
Administrative Specialist 2, Grade 23 (PEF)
(Open to Current NYS Employees Only)
The New York State Education Department’s (NYSED) Office of Adult Career and Continuing Education Services – Vocational Rehabilitation (ACCES-VR) is seeking candidates to fill an Administrative Specialist 2 position in the Office of the Assistant Commissioner. The incumbent of this position will serve as a confidential aide to the Assistant Commissioner and will be responsible for managing the daily activities of the office, serving as liaison for the office, assisting with special projects, and supervising lower-level administrative staff within the office. Duties of this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Manage the office of the Assistant Commissioner and supervise support staff;
- Provide administrative direction to ACCES-VR’s 15 District Offices and 10 Satellite Offices;
- Provide direction to the 15 Administrative Specialist 1’s in the District Offices;
- Assist in the development of policies and procedures related to the administrative functions of the 15 District Offices and 10 Satellite Offices;
- Coordinate the lease renewal process for the 15 District Offices and 10 Satellite Offices including the facilitation of communication between ACCES-VR, NYSED Facilities and Office of General Services;
- Coordinate the ordering of supplies, equipment, furniture, phone systems and other items needed to conduct the day-to-day business of 15 District Offices and 10 Satellite Offices;
- Coordinate the resolution of any facility issues for the District and Satellite Offices including office moves, repairs and renovations, emergencies, records management and storage, and removal of surplus furniture;
- Coordinate Memorandum of Understanding and Infrastructure Agreements between District Offices and Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act partners such as Department of Labor One Stop Career Centers;
- Coordinate the request of prior approval from the Rehabilitation Services Administration for expenditures required by federal regulations; and
- Provide other duties as needed to manage the office of the Assistant Commissioner of ACCES-VR.
Reassignment: Candidates must have one year of permanent competitive or 55b/c service as an Administrative Specialist 2 or Senior Administrative Assistant.
Eligible List Appointment: Candidates must be reachable on the Civil Service eligible list for Administrative Specialist 2. If you are on the Civil Service eligible list for Administrative Specialist 2, you may receive a canvass letter. You must complete and return it as instructed on the letter.
Section 52.6 Transfer: Candidates must have one year of permanent competitive or 55b/c service in a title allocated SG-21 or higher eligible to transfer under Section 52.6 of the Civil Service Law. For information regarding the transfer options of your current title, please visit the Civil Service Career Mobility Office Website.
This will be a permanent appointment. Promotions and transfers may change appointees’ negotiating unit. Candidates should be aware that changes in negotiating units may affect their salary, insurance, and other benefits.
* Leads to a maximum salary of $92,693 based on annual performance advances.
Qualified candidates should send a resume and letter of interest by December 16, 2019 to email@example.com (email submissions are preferred). You must include the Box number (ACS-2354/48043) of the position in the subject line of your email and cover letter to ensure receipt of your application.