THE NEW YORK STATE EDUCATION DEPARTMENT
Administrative Specialist 1, Grade 18 (PEF)
Administrative Specialist Trainee 1, NS (Equated to SG-13)
The New York State Education Department’s (NYSED) State Archives is seeking candidates for an Administrative Specialist 1 position in the Office of the Assistant Commissioner. Under the general supervision of the Assistant Commissioner of the NYS Archives, the incumbent will provide professional, administrative support to senior managers in the State Archives and will work closely with administrative staff in the Office of Cultural Education Deputy Commissioner’s office as well as other programs in the Office of Cultural Education. Duties of this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Serve as a liaison between the OCE Deputy’s Office and the State Archives on administrative, human resources and budgetary matters;
- Manage the State Archives revenue processes while collaborating with State Archives managers to develop the annual budget and monitor financial expenditures for the State Archives;
- Develop and review purchase requests to ensure compliance with the Department’s policies and procedures;
- Oversee equipment maintenance agreements and maintain the inventory of equipment for the State Archives;
- Assist with the management of personnel activities including job postings and hiring documentation;
- Assist with the management of telecommunications programs by arranging for installation, maintenance, and modification of telephone and telecommunications systems;
- Coordinate internal control activities and conduct reviews to determine the efficiency and effectiveness of administrative procedures and recommend revisions;
- Work with staff of the Archives Partnership Trust to coordinate events and programs; and
- Serve as the administrative support leader for the State Archives.
Reassignment: Candidates must have one year of permanent competitive or 55b/c service as a Administrative Specialist 1.
Eligible List Appointment: Candidates who are reachable on the New York State Education Department’s Public Administration Trainee Transition (PATT) eligible list or the Professional Career Opportunities (PCO) eligible list may be considered for appointment. If you are on the Civil Service eligible list for this title, you may receive a canvass letter. You must complete and return it as instructed on the letter.
Section 70.1 Transfer to Administrative Specialist 1: Candidates must have one year of permanent competitive or 55b/c service in a title SG-16 or above deemed eligible for transfer under Section 70.1 of the Civil Service Law. For information regarding the transfer options of your current title, please visit the Civil Service Career Mobility Office Website.
Section 70.1 Transfer to Administrative Specialist Trainee 1: Candidates must have one year of permanent competitive or 55b/c service in a title SG-11 or above deemed eligible for transfer under Section 70.1 of the Civil Service Law. For information regarding the transfer options of your current title, please visit the Civil Service Career Mobility Office Website.
Section 52.6 Transfer: Candidates must have one year of permanent competitive or 55b/c service in a title allocated SG-16 or higher eligible to transfer under Section 52.6 of the Civil Service Law. For information regarding the transfer options of your current title, please visit the Civil Service Career Mobility Office Website.
55b/c Appointment: This position is eligible for 55b/c designation and is subject to verification of applicant eligibility. Candidates must possess the minimum qualifications and a current 55b/c eligibility letter.
This will be a permanent appointment. For 55b/c appointment, candidates must possess the minimum qualifications, a current 55b/c eligibility letter and is subject to verification of applicant eligibility. Promotions and transfers may change appointees’ negotiating unit. Candidates should be aware that changes in negotiating units may affect their salary, insurance, and other benefits. Verification of degree will be required at the time of interview for all candidates.
This position may be filled as a traineeship. The salary above applies to candidates appointed to Administrative Specialist 1, SG-18. The salary for candidates appointed to Administrative Specialist Trainee 1 starts at $46,529 and, for current New York State employees, is based on the candidate’s salary at the time of hire. Candidates appointed at the trainee level will be required to successfully complete the traineeship in order to advance to the journey level title and salary.
* Leads to a maximum salary of $77,912 based on annual performance advances.
Qualified candidates should send a resume and letter of interest by July 13, 2022 to firstname.lastname@example.org (email submissions are preferred). Your resume must clearly indicate how you meet the minimum qualifications for this position. You must include the Box number (OCE-1291/43053) of the position in the subject line of your email and cover letter to ensure receipt of your application. Your social security number may be required to confirm your eligibility.