New York State Alternate Assessment (NYSAA)
Beginning with the 2017-18 school year and thereafter, NYSAA-eligible students will be assessed using the Dynamic Learning Maps (DLM) computer-based alternate assessment system for English language arts (ELA), mathematics, and science. The NYSAA program will no longer include a social studies component.
The DLM alternate assessment is a computer-delivered, adaptive assessment measuring a student’s achievement of the ELA, mathematics, and science standards at a reduced level of depth, breadth, and complexity. This assessment provides the opportunity to customize the assessment to the individual abilities and needs of the student, is designed to measure a wide range of proficiencies of students, is quicker and easier to administer and score, and provides useful information to teachers to inform future instruction for the student.
Administration of the NYSAA ELA, mathematics, and science tests are scheduled for March 12, 2018 – June 8, 2018.
- NYSED Office of State Assessment NYSAA Page
- DLM's New York-Specific Resources Page
- Technical Issues: Supports and Assistance - This document is intended to assist individuals who are administering the CBT portions of the NYSAA in the event that a technical issue is experienced during test administration.
Resources for Technical Liaisons
- Technical Requirements (Updated June 2016 for 2016-2017 Administration)
- NYSAA Tech Readiness Checklist
- DLM Resources for Technical Personnel
- Technology Specifications Manual
- District Resource Videos
- KITE Client - Information and Downloads
- Requirements for KITE Client and Educator Portal
- Whitelist Settings