New York State Alternate Assessment (NYSAA)
For the 2017-18 school year NYSAA-eligible students will be assessed using the Dynamic Learning Maps (DLM) computer-based alternate assessment system. The DLM alternate assessment is a computer-delivered, adaptive assessment measuring a student’s achievement at a reduced level of depth, breadth, and complexity. This assessment is designed to measure a wide range of student proficiencies, is quicker and easier to administer and score, and provides useful information to teachers to inform future instruction for the student. The DLM alternate assessment system also provides educators with the opportunity to customize the assessment to the individual abilities and needs of the student.
Administration of the NYSAA is scheduled for March 12, 2018 – June 8, 2018. Please note the NYSAA program will no longer include a social studies component.
- NYSED Office of State Assessment NYSAA Page
- DLM's New York-Specific Resources Page
- Technical Issues: Supports and Assistance - This document is intended to assist individuals who are administering the CBT portions of the NYSAA in the event that a technical issue is experienced during test administration.
Resources for Technical Liaisons
- Technical Requirements (Updated June 2016 for 2016-2017 Administration)
- NYSAA Tech Readiness Checklist
- DLM Resources for Technical Personnel
- Technology Specifications Manual
- District Resource Videos
- KITE Client - Information and Downloads
- Requirements for KITE Client and Educator Portal
- Whitelist Settings