Culturally Responsive Instruction through Technology - Information for Leaders
Culturally responsive instruction recognizes the importance of including students’ cultural and linguistic references in all aspects of learning.
Educational technology can enhance instructional design and practice to facilitate a culturally- and linguistically- responsive learning environment that meets the needs of all students. Educational technology can assist teachers in
- Personalizing learning to meet the needs of individual students.
- Strengthening relationships and connections with families.
- Developing and organizing coherent and relevant units, lessons, and learning tasks that build upon students’ cultural backgrounds and experiences
- Facilitating classroom projects that involve community-based topics and/or community members.
- Increasing and improving instructional strategies to accommodate diverse learning styles and languages.
- Enabling students to communicate and collaborate with diverse audiences, including peers and experts in the community, state, country, and internationally.
- Facilitating collaborative classroom projects among heterogeneous student groups.