New Arts Standard Resources Released
The Office of Curriculum and Instruction has released new Arts Standard Resources. These resources include:
Discipline-specific Guidance Course Flow charts which provide:
- Course progressions at three levels;
- SCED codes and course descriptions;
- Pertinent regulations for arts education at the elementary, middle, and high school levels.
Arts Standard Need to Knows which are:
- Concise introductions to the 2017 Learning Standards for the Arts for Teachers, Parents/Guardians, Administrators, and school counselors; that will
- Support communication surrounding the Arts Standards to further partnerships and conversations within the broader school and local community as New York State moves towards full standard implementation.
Additionally, resources to develop and align arts curricula to the 2017 NYS Learning Standards for the Arts are available and include:
- A Self-Guided Tour of the NYS Learning Standards for the Arts in Visual Arts, Media Arts, Dance, Theatre, and Music.
- Toolkits to provide participants and presenters with essential questions and discussion points
- Think Documents that offer discipline-specific at-a-glance resources to assist arts educators in their adaption of existing curricula to the 2017 Arts Learning Standards while meeting the needs of all students.
- These resources can be found on the Office of Curriculum Arts Page under Arts Professional Development.