COVID-19 School Resources for Charter Schools
NYSED has put together these Resources for Educators:
- NYSED Educator Resources
- Measuring Attendance during COVID-19: Considerations for Synchronous and Asynchronous Learning Environments
- A podcast conversation with NACSA's Director of Learning, Heather Wendling and NYSED Charter School Office Executive Director David Frank.
- The Forum Guide to Attendance, Participation, and Engagement Data in Virtual and Hybrid Learning Models.
Resources on Vaccines:
- Updated information from the CDC on COVID-19 Vaccines for Teachers, School Staff, and Childcare Workers.
- Communication toolkit with posters, fact sheets, newsletter articles, social media graphics, and “I Got My COVID-19 Vaccine” stickers.
- A series of evidence-based resources and guidance about teaching and learning in a remote environment from USDOE's Regional Educational Laboratories.
- The Safe School Seven: critical components of remote education plans. A resource put together by the National Charter Schools Institute.
- The Continuity of Learning Resources website is being updated with new options to keep students engaged in learning.
- An article on Medium: How to grade high school students in the middle of a pandemic.
Students with Disabilities:
Fact Sheet: Addressing the Risk of COVID-19 in Preschool, Elementary and Secondary Schools While Serving Children with Disabilities from the US Department of Education.
Any questions related to COVID-19 can be sent to COVID19@nysed.gov.
Further guidance from the New York State Health Department and NYSED is forthcoming.