Procedure for Requesting a Certificate of Good Standing/Existence
How to Request a Certificate of Good Standing/Existence
A Certificate of Good Standing (otherwise known as a Certificate of Existence) can be obtained by either of the steps below:
- Send an email to Debra.Delurey-Keefner@nysed.gov and Kirti.Goswami@nysed.gov,
- Send a fax to Debra and Kirti at 518-473-2925.
In your request, please be sure to include the following:
- The full name of the entity
- The number of copies required (If more than one original is requested, please include this information in your request.)
- The address the document/s should be sent to
Please note that there is no fee for processing this request. Also note that the overall process typically takes 7-10 business days to complete, although it is not unusual for more complicated situations to take double that time; Please plan accordingly.